Is this quality from a IPC-4239T-ASE correct?

wex65

n3wb
Reaction score
I setup an initial camera for my wife who is adding it to her website as a 7*24 stream so that her clients can watch her dwarf nigerian goats and kids. I have it streaming for now to YouTube
()

but wanted to know whether this video quality is typical or whether there are settings I can tweak to improve the clarity. The camera isn't mounted in its final position but it is within a foot or so of the mount location and will be pointing a little lower. I suspect the mix of indoors and outdoors with different light levels isn't helping.

The camera is a Dahua IPC-HFW4239T-ASE

I should add that the video does look better on the PC where I am running OBS so maybe the limiting factor here is YouTube?

Any feedback appreciated.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Coincidently I recently setup some cameras for a friend who has goats. Similar problem in that the contrast between the bright sunshine and the relative darkness of the stall make it tough. My back porch/pool deck is similar.

Recommend playing with WDR to even things out.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Case of playing around, I’d try pointing it down and more to the right to get rid of the window to the left.

wex65

n3wb
Reaction score
Case of playing around, I’d try pointing it down and more to the right to get rid of the window to the left.
Coincidently I recently setup some cameras for a friend who has goats. Similar problem in that the contrast between the bright sunshine and the relative darkness of the stall make it tough. My back porch/pool deck is similar.

Recommend playing with WDR to even things out.
Thanks guys, I think I will look into moving the camera to the corner in the top left of th current view and point it backwards into the building to remove the outside glare.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You're going to need to use WDR. Both of these scenes look the same as yours without WDR

*Change YT player to 1080p

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you recording at a real low bitrate? Looks like it...... image will be MUCH better at a higher rate.

wex65

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you recording at a real low bitrate? Looks like it...... image will be MUCH better at a higher rate.
I played around with the bitrate in OBS ramping it from 1500-6000 but the final result at YoutTube remains the same. Looks crisp in OBS but fuzzy on YT. I will explore to see if YT has a way to improve. My guess is they are compressing a LOT, causing degradation in the video.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine above were recorded at 8192 and uploaded to YT.
YT does compress but not that much