is this right mainframe fps

Reaction score
is this right for main stream fps,in the hikvision setting,it is set at 15 fps as is the sub stream.
if it is wrong how do i amend it.
thanks

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The cam setting looks right.

As sebastian said above, BI just shows how the camera is set. You don't/can't change that there.

You should see the same in BI now after the change on the cam.

Reaction score
The cam setting looks right.

As sebastian said above, BI just shows how the camera is set. You don't/can't change that there.

You should see the same in BI now after the change on the cam.
I've checked in the hikvision camera settings and it is set at 15 fps, but in blue iris the main stream doesn't get above 6fps but the sub stream is nearly always 15fps

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange - certainly looks right. Maybe change bitrate from variable to constant - that shouldn't be doing it, but maybe it slows down FPS also on variable - some of the cheaper cams do that, but I didn't think a Hik would?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Was going to say the same. Only thing I can think is that VBS is causing it to be less than as set.

Might also post a screen capture of the camera tab from the BI status screen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it also have this frame rate issue during the day? Very slow shutter speeds can cause frame rate to be reduced, but I would not expect that to happen only on the main stream while the sub streams achieves the full 15 FPS....

I notice the bit rate that Blue Iris was receiving is less than half of what the camera is configured for (8192 Kbps in camera should be about 1024 kB/s in Blue Iris after unit conversion). Since you have Variable bit rate quality set to Highest, I would expect the bit rate to be higher. Is there any wifi involved to get the video stream between your camera and Blue Iris?

Reaction score
Does it also have this frame rate issue during the day? Very slow shutter speeds can cause frame rate to be reduced, but I would not expect that to happen only on the main stream while the sub streams achieves the full 15 FPS....

I notice the bit rate that Blue Iris was receiving is less than half of what the camera is configured for (8192 Kbps in camera should be about 1024 kB/s in Blue Iris after unit conversion). Since you have Variable bit rate quality set to Highest, I would expect the bit rate to be higher. Is there any wifi involved to get the video stream between your camera and Blue Iris?
do you mean my computer is set to wifi not ethernet

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
posted in the first post
The thing you posted in the first post is just the "General" tab of Camera Properties window. He was asking for the "Cameras" tab in the Blue Iris Status window.

do you mean my computer is set to wifi not ethernet
I mean:
1. Is the camera connected to your network via wifi?
2. Is the Blue Iris computer connected to your network via wifi?
3. Is there a wifi bridge or mesh being used anywhere between the camera and the Blue Iris computer as a substitute for a wired connection?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A screen capture of the camera configuration tab, where you run "discovery" might help as well. I'd say get it off or a variable bit rate and set the bit rate a tad higher with a 4K camera. Just an opinion based on my 2K cameras running at 8192 for a bit rate.

Reaction score
I've changed the bitrate and changed the video to 1080p, still the same problem with the fps.
Going to try getting to the camera physically and checking the cables.