Is this the same as IPC-T5442TM-AS

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
#Aliexpress C$ 154.68 16%OFF | original dahua International Version IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE 4MP IP Camera Built-in MIC WDR IR50M Eyeball AI Network Camera

Specs look identical to what Andys store has. Wondering if there is any difference?

EDIT: I'm having trouble attaching link of AliExpress store on my phone. Just search for "Dahua franchised Store"

Attachments

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
As per the other thread where it was pointed out your link doesn’t work and just looking at the description won’t tell you if it’s a genuine/OEM as there is no way the seller will tell you it’s a local market model that has been hacked.

Nobody here will be able to tell you what you are likely to get unless on the off chance that they have actually purchased from the same seller.

So take your pick and chance your luck, unless you get them from Andy who is a known and trusted seller.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought that same camera from Andy for $156. Why not purchase from him?

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As per the other thread where it was pointed out your link doesn’t work and just looking at the description won’t tell you if it’s a genuine/OEM as there is no way the seller will tell you it’s a local market model that has been hacked.

Nobody here will be able to tell you what you are likely to get unless on the off chance that they have actually purchased from the same seller.

So take your pick and chance your luck, unless you get them from Andy who is a known and trusted seller.
How do I share the link ? I just copied the link from app.

The seller told me they are original non chinese english upgradable. Here are screenshots.

Tried to copy link of store maybe it works.
Dahua Franchised Store

Attachments

Last edited:

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Its exact listed model number matches dahuas website too.

So I guess if the box doesn't have chinese on it and serial numbers match then it is legit ?

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the same camera only thing different is the ASE designation at the end which means it is EPOE for long distance runs.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's the link to the item in question: Dahua 4MP IP Camera IPC-HDW5442TM-AS IR50m Built-in MICIP67 POE Micro SD memory CCTV camera Smart Detection supported
It is tempting, as that is a significantly lower price ($112.79). You do have a four week lead time with them, and they don't offer the 6mm (zoomed) version. Any risk takers, just let us know how it turns out for you!

edit: Man, this forum software keeps messing up the link! It seems to work for me, but isn't what I put in. If it doesn't work either, I'll find a way to get the correct link inserted.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The link worked and I scrolled the whole page. I have a 5442T-AS and it has great video, but the one in that web page has a pretty bad "barrel" effect showing in the lens. The side of the building, which should appear as a straight, vertical, line is concave. The effect is very pronounced in that screen capture for the whole frame which makes me wonder.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not know if this camera has the LDC option, but it is a feature that can "dewarp" some of the concave.

I had read in a post somewhere that someone had good success from the vendor Wartrooper posted.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The link worked and I scrolled the whole page. I have a 5442T-AS and it has great video, but the one in that web page has a pretty bad "barrel" effect showing in the lens. The side of the building, which should appear as a straight, vertical, line is concave. The effect is very pronounced in that screen capture for the whole frame which makes me wonder.
The 2.8mm (wide) version has significant barrel effect. I imagine all the straight lines in the cityscape make it more obvious in their photos than for some of us!

Sorry for the poor image quality (photo of a screen at a remote location), but the photo above demonstrates what one of Andy's 2.8mm 5442TM-AS cameras does. All the sidewalks are supposed to be straight. The barrelling is less with the 3.6mm lens, and nearly nonexistent with the 6mm lens.

I do not know if this camera has the LDC option, but it is a feature that can "dewarp" some of the concave.
Yes, the 2.8mm and 3.6mm 5442TM-AS both have the Lens Distortion Correction (LDC) feature.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just had a look at mine and it does have the LDC feature. What that seems to do is simply sort of zoom in a little to eliminate the edges that might appear as warped or bent. It really doesn't seem to "eliminate" anything, just remove it from the frame by reducing the view slightly in all directions. Mine is a 3.6mm and has very little to no barrel effect.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah it basically crops the image so you lose the "benefits" of 2.8mm by using LDC. I have the 2.8 mm version and I don't bother with it. Warping on the edges isn't really a concern for me.