iSpy use in scientific research (cellular imaging system)

nunglaksi

n3wb
Reaction score
All of iSpy uses I have seen are for security or surveillance.
My thought is if we can use iSpy on my scientific research without buying an expensive imaging system available in research market.
Then I started connecting my light microscope with digital camera and captured images either in form of VDO or still pictures by iSpy for 48 hours to see how cancer cells grow and migrate.
View attachment RMCCA 48 hr timelapse.mp4
Here, you will be monitoring how bile duct cancer cells grow and move around in cell culture dish at room temperature, no CO2 supplied.
What we have learnt from this VDO is that cancer cells tend to move to each other making them stronger and live longer.

imaging system2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
All of iSpy uses I have seen are for security or surveillance.
My thought is if we can use iSpy on my scientific research without buying an expensive imaging system available in research market.
Then I started connecting my light microscope with digital camera and captured images either in form of VDO or still pictures by iSpy for 48 hours to see how cancer cells grow and migrate.
View attachment 64038
Here, you will be monitoring how bile duct cancer cells grow and move around in cell culture dish at room temperature, no CO2 supplied.
What we have learnt from this VDO is that cancer cells tend to move to each other making them stronger and live longer.

View attachment 64040
Pretty neat.