Issue with Dahua VTO2211G-WP

danfmc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. It's my first post in here, as I moved recently and start having all those goodies as ipcams, nvr, ip doorbell, etc.
I'm having an issue with my Dahua VTO211G-WP. First time I connected it, I could reach it through the 192.168.x.108 address, and configured all I needed, including wifi connection. It worked for a few days just fine.
Then, I connected it to my dahua nvr, and changed the ip of the VTO to one in the range of the nvr network, with nvr ip as gateway and ip in the range of the cams, like 10.x.x.72. It worked like a charm as ip cam. And the wifi was working also, so I could configure it with web admin page.
My problem started when I lost wifi connection. I can still see images through nvr, but the doorbell part isn't working. So, I connected it to a poe switch, and I can see it in my lan, with the ip 192.168.x.108, but cant reach it. The configtool app (windows) can see it also, but with ip 10.x.x.72. With that ip, I still can't reach it, because it isn't in my ip lan range.
Wifi disconnected, wrong ip, made hard reset (pressed 5 times the tamper button of vto. Still no luck.
Help please!!!

danfmc

n3wb
Reaction score
So... after writing this, I remembered I have the vth screen and tried to use it. Bingo!!! Now it all works! I added the vto cam to the nvr with the original ip, 192.168.x.108, and it all works!
Thanks for the info I gatered here!

danfmc

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad we could help! :rofl:

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
But you guys will help, and it's now! I disconnected the vto wifi because I can access it through lan. I can open the gate with it with my smartphone, but only if I'm in my wifi range. If not, it tells it's disconnected. And if I ring the bell, it can't communicate with mine or wife's smartphone. Help please?

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
Almost all my IP cameras are Dahua, and I put them on a seperate vlan of 80. They can all be reached easily. I am using a brocade ICX6450 switch with the ports untagg at vlan 80 just for IP cameras.
However, for whatever reason, the VT02211G-WP cannot be accessed with its GUI /web interface and I have checked the settings many times. Is there something in the VTO2211G-WP configuration that I need to set specifically?

Any help appreciated! Much thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The manual says the default IP is 192.168.1.110....is it on the VLAN with the cams and the PC that you're using when attempting to open its webGUI?
All (cams, VTO, PC) on the same subnet?

danfmc

n3wb
Reaction score
I already solved the issue. I connected the VTO to the NVR of my cams. I could see video footage, but the doorbell part wasn't working, because it assumed an IP like the ones from the cams, in the range of 10.1.1.xx. But then I connected the VTH (I don't use it, but it came with the VTO) and then I made an hard reset and it started working just fine.

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
The manual says the default IP is 192.168.1.110....is it on the VLAN with the cams and the PC that you're using when attempting to open its webGUI?
All (cams, VTO, PC) on the same subnet?
Yes, using vdpconfig , I can change it from the default IP to either my LAN, or my designated vlan for cameras - vlan80. But somehow, I am unable to access the VTO in the vlan 80 ports, but have no issues with other dahua IP cameras.
My PC on LAN is able to access all vlans, and yes my IP cams and VTO are on vlan 80.