Issue with image quality on new camera

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought a couple of the new HIK Low Light cameras, you can see my thread here, but the image is off.

Have a look at the attached image and you can see the blurred left hand side, the bush is a prime example.

So do you think this is something I can solve or is the camera fit for the trash?DriveWay.jpg

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed a similar situation, not as extreme, on one of my Dahua cameras. Comments in the thread suggested things like an imperfect lens, or imperfect alignment of the lens with the sensor. I've also experienced poor resolution in some Hikvision cameras which looks to me like flawed data compression. A way to isolate is to activate an ROI area somewhere in the blurred area. If the ROI area becomes focused, it's a compression problem. If it doesn't become focused I'd guess it's some flaw in the lens and sensor area. Make sure it's not just some film on the front glass or lens, too.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed a similar situation, not as extreme, on one of my Dahua cameras. Comments in the thread suggested things like an imperfect lens, or imperfect alignment of the lens with the sensor. I've also experienced poor resolution in some Hikvision cameras which looks to me like flawed data compression. A way to isolate is to activate an ROI area somewhere in the blurred area. If the ROI area becomes focused, it's a compression problem. If it doesn't become focused I'd guess it's some flaw in the lens and sensor area. Make sure it's not just some film on the front glass or lens, too.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. First thing I did was check the lens, I thought I'd left a fingerprint on it or something.

I'll try that ROI tonight and see if that costs it up.

Paul

Sent from my OnePlus 3T