Issues with light changes, rain/show triggers cams.

jNewcs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried getting help with this on Reddit, and while I have made some progress, I am far from where I'd like to be. So, there is a malfunctioning security light outside my apartment that'll turn on when there is no movement. (3-4 minutes) It's pretty annoying. But even more annoying is BI triggers and records every time it turns on. I have the same issue(s) with light changes during the day. Cameras are also triggered when it snows.

I have tried doing zones with no luck. I have now setup 'code project AI' but still have issues. There are clearly some settings I don't understand.

I just want my cams to record when there is a person, animal or vehicle in view.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which camera is it? Does it have AI? If so use it. Code Project is great, but at night with lights coming on and off the different reflections can be perceived as a new object instead of static.

If not, increase your make time for starters. Superman is only getting thru that wide field of view in 0.4 seconds.

jNewcs

n3wb
Reaction score
Great. I changed it to 1.0sec. Should it be longer?
My issue is I am not sure what settings do what.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah try 1 or 1.5 or even 2 seconds.

Every field of view is different, so you just need to find that balance where the light doesn't trigger the camera but what you want triggered does.

Time how long it takes a vehicle or person to pass thru left to right or right to left. If it takes 4 seconds then you can go up to 3 or 3.5 as an example.

jNewcs

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll give that a try.

Like I said; some of the settings are unclear and confuse me. haha. Thanks for the help!