Issues with OpenVPN out of the blue

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi folks. Y'all helped me set up my home cameras a while back with BlueIris and they have been running very solidly for some time.

BluieIris is awesome!

But lately, having an issue with "peer certificate verification failure" in Open VPN when I go to use my android phone to access the VPN side of things and see the cameras remotely.

I DO recall a recent android update but cannot confirm that is what caused the issue or not......

Had the issue ONCE before and I refreshed the password in my router and all was well.

Runs fine for a long time then out of the blue......cannot connect.

Tried the password thing again,....

This time though, so far, no luck...Open VPN COnnect app 3.4.0 (newest available on "Play")

Restarted PC running BlueIris
restarted router...
deleted the username and password in the router, set up a new one and restarted the router
re-exported the client file, replaced the profile on my android phone
deleted the OpenVPN app and reinstalled with the new client file
Also tried the "Open VPN for Android" app and same issue.
Tried exporting the "certfificate" as well from my router and have it in the same folder as the newest client.ovpn file...but cannot seem to load it in the "connect" app....though in the "Open VPN for Android app" I can point to it, but no change in results.

I have always used the (simpler) OpenVPN Connect app rather than the "...for android" app.

Otherwise BlueIris is working fine as are all cameras......Just getting no where and I am NOT an network-minded type so I am a bit lost (again)

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.