Ivms-4500 cameras not showing up

John_G

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 cameras (no nvr) which I view directly through ivms-4500 on my phone.
These used to show up instantly when connected on WiFi or through 4G.
I recently updated the cameras to firmware 5.6.5 and now they don't show up when I start ivms-4500. I usually have to connect via WiFi and then switch to 4G and they show, or the opposite. Sometimes, if I just wait 60 seconds and reopen the app, they show then. I've tried everything except downgrading firmware as I'm afraid of bricking. However, I've just added another DS-2CD2355FWD-I with the older 5.6.3 firmware and it shows up instantly on opening ivms but the other 3 don't.

I've also tried creating a HIK-connect account but the same cameras take even longer to show up vs the normal domain.port connection.

Has anyone any ideas how to resolve?

John_G

n3wb
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed since upgrading to 5.6.5 is that I now only get 1 snapshot emailed from the camera on activation of a smart event. It used to be 3 snapshots staggered by 2s each. Why is this?

John_G

n3wb
Reaction score
My follow up with Hikvision was unsuccessful. They effectively sent me a pdf of the setup manual and told me not to contact them again as I'm an end user and not a distributor.
I have tried everything from factory reset to connecting directly to the router to no avail.
My last ditch effort will be to try and downgrade the firmware as my camera still on the older version works perfectly. Obviously there's huge risk here so I'm open to any advice...

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4500 is not even supported by Hikvision anymore. Use the Hikconnect app, which you will have to get on Hik's website.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had the same issues ivms4500 not showing 2 X cams after the firmware update for both. Gave up with 4500 and use Hik connect as a resolve. Sure some integration/security issue with 4500 or a push to Hik connect was the problem?

John_G

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks folks, just installed HIK connect and two of the cameras now show instantly but my 2347 colorvu gets to 87% and hangs no matter what I do. I had no idea that ivms-4500 was being phased out, especially since it was updated less than 3 months ago and also because HIKconnect doesn't even show in my Google play store.
Also, the 2335's continue to only send 1 snapshot in an email instead of 3 for events.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have here similar issue with a clients two Hikvisions. He has IVMS-4500 Android and can view all older Hikvisions but not new DS-2CD2143G0-I with V5.6.5 build 200316 firmware.

With Hik-Connect it works ok.

Hik-Connect is not anymore in Google Play, IVMS-4500 is. Hikvision App Store lists both and they are downloadable there. Also the Hik-connect which is installed in the phone offers updates.

Where it is stated that IVMS-4500 is not supported anymore?

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ivms4200 series is still supported, the mobile versions are available on the Hik App Store. iVMS wont be discontinued yet as it is the free version

John_G

n3wb
Reaction score
Even if iVMS is still supported, the fact that it's not updated on the Android play store anymore will cause a lot of problems. The last version there is from 2019 whereas there's a new update since 1st July. Not everyone can install 3rd party apps (for example my work phone cannot be rooted and apps cannot be installed unless from the play store).

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would check all your network settings in the camera. Maybe they changed during the update. Did you have static IP’s set on the cameras? Maybe the update enable dhcp?