IVMS displaying green videos?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 7608 that seems to be acting weird. Most devices, the video display seems fine but on a couple devices, an Imac and an Android tablet, the video playback is nothing but a green display. Have anyone seen this issue? Iphone and Android phones no problem.

Reaction score
I have a similar problem on an old Toshiba android Tablet with a new 7732NI-I4 with all cameras in H264+ recording - I would blame the age of the tablet and not the NVR. This tablet will not run 4500 app but will run 4500HD app wherein I have the problem.
I thought I had seen another thread on this but cannot find it.
I have not yet proven if it is the H264+ or the night vision as I have only just configured the NVR and initially it was only recording H264 day time. I will find out more a bit later on other devices I need to test.
There are far more experienced than I on this forum that I am sure will know the technical reasons for this.
A laptop with iVms4200 on the network with the NVR does not have a problem

Reaction score
Update:

Toshiba AT100 tablet - H264+ recording - ivms4500 will not run, iVms4500HD day video OK Night video Green

ASUS FonePad K004 - H264+ recording - ivms4500 day video OK Night video Green

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100T - H264+ recording - ivms4500 day video OK Night video OK

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100T - H264+ recording - ivms4500HD day video OK Night video Green

Reaction score
I had this problem on two new cameras on which I set to H.264+ to ON. When I turned H.264+ back to OFF, the cameras are fine.

BTW, when my live video feed was "green", I mean it was corrupted to be all green. It was not merely green-tinted. My problem was kinda like in this photo (see link), although that's not an actual screen shot of mine, but just something close that I found on the internet.
http://il5.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/9413054/thumb/1.jpg

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With regards to the green stream on iVMS 4200 on a Mac, there's currently no support for H.264+ on the Mac OS version of iVMS 4200. If you try viewing a camera with H.264+ enabled, you'll either receive no stream at all or an unusable green stream. You actually can't enable or disable H.264+ via the remote config either. This can of course be resolved by disabling H.264+ on a camera, but that's obviously not ideal.

iVMS 4200 for Mac isn't updated anywhere near as frequently as it is for Windows, usually once or twice a year. The last we heard back in April was that an update to add H.264+ compatibility was due for August 2016.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
H.264+ works for me with IVMS-4200 on my Mac. I did get the green screen in IVMS but some combination of turning H.264+ off then on and then re-booting both the cameras and the NVR worked.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
H.264+ requires Hikvision player as it's a Hikvision codec which isn't H.264 compliant.

iVMS-4200 on Mac works with H.264+ for me btw Kieran. Sorry! Not tried PC because I just use Firefox.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have posted on this thread! About three hours after posting both cams started showing the green screen in IVMS after two days of solidly working with H.264+ and no amount of reboots and fiddling can make it work this time. Curses!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have posted on this thread! About three hours after posting both cams started showing the green screen in IVMS after two days of solidly working with H.264+ and no amount of reboots and fiddling can make it work this time. Curses!
It's recording fine, just need to use their VSPlayer

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
iVMS-4200 on Mac works with H.264+ for me btw Kieran. Sorry! Not tried PC because I just use Firefox.
Interesting. What version of iVMS 4200 are you using on your Mac for it to work?

I've just checked again with iVMS 4200 v1.02.02.02 on a Mac and got a green screen from two cameras running H.264+ from both the live view and playback footage. I'll do a few tests later and try to get it functional - any info on how you've got it up and running would be appreciated.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting. What version of iVMS 4200 are you using on your Mac for it to work?

I've just checked again with iVMS 4200 v1.02.02.02 on a Mac and got a green screen from two cameras running H.264+ from both the live view and playback footage. I'll do a few tests later and try to get it functional - any info on how you've got it up and running would be appreciated.
Let me get my Mac and double-check it. I'm sure it's been ok but maybe I was lucky on that clip!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You're right, I'm running the sub-stream for the H.264+ cameras. When I switch to main-stream it goes proper Green!

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah, such a pain! Thanks for checking that for me Del Boy.

Hopefully that August 2016 ETA for the iVMS 4200 Mac update was accurate...