iVMS4200 version 2.6.1.11 build 20170614

Putte

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to CCTV and I bought two Hikvision cameras, DS-2CD2142FWD-I, and now i'm installing iVMS4200 but I don't get hte server tab under Device Management.

I have tried just to install the client, I have installed iVMS4200 storage server, have it runing and still no server tab in teh iVMS client.

I have googled and I still don't find anyone with same problems, I see all the guides have this tab under Device Management, but I never get it. Is it a license thing? I don't find anything about that.

You see the server tab i'm talking about in this guide on picture #4

[Tutorial] Adding cameras to a Hikvision NVR with iVMS-4200

Hops to find some answers here.

Best regards

/Putte

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
have you worked out how to add the cameras to the software yet
if not when i get home i can post some pictures from my lap top

Putte

n3wb
Reaction score
have you worked out how to add the cameras to the software yet
if not when i get home i can post some pictures from my lap top
Hi marku2, I have added the cameras to the software, no problem, the only problem I have is the server tab, I can't get it to show up.

[/img]

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok looks like you haven't added anything to it look at the box below it will have your online device with a number eg 1 or 8 if you have that many online devices

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
+add to client from the bottom box the device then a small box will pop up flashing nick name eg say new nvr hit enter it will have its IP address and port number then user name will be admin then password will be what you have set up for that device tick also export to group too then scroll down and hit add
Then you should have move it to the device for management box which yours is showing 0 ATM

Putte

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Marku2,

That image is a borrowed one from the guide I linked to. Below is a actual screen shoot from my ivms. I have added devices and still get no "server tab"

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Marku2,

That image is a borrowed one from the guide I linked to. Below is a actual screen shoot from my ivms. I have added devices and still get no "server tab"
Delete those from that box it should be your online devices there not those ones

Putte

n3wb
Reaction score
Delete those from that box it should be your online devices there not those ones
I connected my cameras to my network via PoE injector. Then I installed the iVMS program and added the cameras. Those are my online devices, se added image.

I have setup a VM windows server 2012R2, added 500 GB as storage to this server. Installed iVMS software.

Attachments

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok got you if you click on to the group are your cameras showing in there I can see them now in device management box

Putte

n3wb
Reaction score
Then they will become like my last picture device for management under your server tab and group tab
Hi,

I have added those to the client, I still don't get the server tab, I can use the remote configuration button on the server and the cameras.

Attachments