IVS alerts stopped working

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've had a 5442 turret (IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE) in my barn for a couple of years now and it has been working fine. IVS alerts were reliable, with the occasional bug or spider triggering it. It dawned on me the other day that I had not received a false alarm in a while. No stray cat, bug, spider, etc. I thought it was odd since I would normally get a false alert once a week or so. So I went out there to test it. I had not been in my barn since probably around late December. Sure enough, IVS is not working at all. Nothing has changed on my end other than the occasional BI updates. All settings were the same. I tried a reset of the BI service, reboot of the camera, reboot of all switches, etc. I am able to manually sent the alert via the lightning bolt test icon in the alerts tab. Tried clearing my IVS intrusion box and redrawing it. I made sure IVS is selected in the Smart Plan tab. I made sure Onvif is turned on in the camera gui. I do not have an SD card in this camera so I cannot see if the camera is actually recording anything locally. When I tried to re add the camera in BI I noticed something strange. When I use find/inspect, all of my other cameras show up as Generic/Onvif and it populates the mainstream tab. Then I am able to click the substream tab and select the substream. With this camera, however, there is just the forward slash and no option to select anything. The camera streams fine in BI but am getting no substream.

1677957195736.png

However, when I select the substream dropdown menu, I can only select 'default'. I then save and test, but am finding that my substreams are not working. I then manually entered /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif in the main parameter section and /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif in the sub parameter section. This results in no signal and error: BARN: No signal Error: 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0

I suspected an issue with the camera itself, so I tired a camera default with no success. Then tried a firmware update to System VersionV2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18 , making sure to do default before and after the update. Still no change. I can get substreams to work by manually selecting Dahua as the make and filling in the appropriate parameters, but I suspect that it's not pulling something Onvif related from the camera. During Find/inspect, it seems odd that this is the result I get:

1677958102835.png1677958176943.png

Any ideas of what I could be missing? I compared all settings with my other cameras, and nothing else has changed, and all other cameras are alerting IVS events fine. I've been messing with it for a couple of days and have run out of ideas.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That bad response is user/pw issue.

I think the ONVIF user got messed up. You need to go in and make sure that you are using an account that can see ONVIF.

This is a common problem unfortunately when someone changes the admin password or it doesn't carry over to ONVIF user when initially setting up the camera or a reboot or firmware update or power blip changes it.

What happens is the ONVIF user password isn't changed or created at initialization.

1677959123466.png

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your password.

Or simply create a new user and password and use that.

Then in BI, go thru these steps again:

There are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box. Uncheck (if not already) all of the BI motion settings.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That bad response is user/pw issue.

I think the ONVIF user got messed up. You need to go in and make sure that you are using an account that can see ONVIF.

This is a common problem unfortunately when someone changes the admin password or it doesn't carry over to ONVIF user when initially setting up the camera or a reboot or firmware update or power blip changes it.

What happens is the ONVIF user password isn't changed or created at initialization.

View attachment 155871

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your password.

Or simply create a new user and password and use that.

Then in BI, go thru these steps again:

There are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box. Uncheck (if not already) all of the BI motion settings.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.
That was it. Onvif user password. What is weird is that I never changed any passwords for this issue to start happening. I only did the reboots and firmware update after I noticed it wasn't pulling the camera name in the find/inspect.

I went in to modify the ovnvif password in the camera gui, but it said it was the wrong password. I tried 'admin' as well with no luck. I just did a complete camera reset back to factory settings and set up ip/passwords. I had to set up my ivs rule and config the camera again. Did another find/inspect and the camera model showed up. All other settings in BI were already correct so I went out there, tested, and it's working.

Thanks for the quick help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had one of my 5442s go wonky too with a similar issue. I guess over time the firmware got corrupt.

But I know when I see bad response in the search/find, that it is usually the ONVIF password that is the issue.

Glad you got it going.