IVS in IPC-T2431T-AS

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve got several T2431T-AS cameras in my system, and I just installed a new one this evening. After getting through the initial setup procedure I saw basic IVS functions in the Event menu. However, after I changed the resolution to the max value (which triggered a reboot), the Event menu no longer lists any IVS functions. I thought I had seen this on at least one of my previous T2431T-AS setups, but I wasn’t certain. Now I’m positive that these IVS functions were there initially but disappeared after a reboot. According to the features listed on Amazon’s page for this camera, it’s supposed to have “general IVS analytics”, but as best as I can tell, none of my T2431T-AS cams have any IVS functions. The firmware in my latest camera is V2.800.0000000.9.R, Build Date: 2019-11-15. Any ideas?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
What I've read says that the 4231 has tripwire and intrusion IVS functions. The obvious first thing to check is that IVS is selected on the Event/Smart Plan page.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t even have an Event | Smart Plan option anymore (there was one there prior to the reboot).

And no, I’m not running H.265, but I did enable the Smart Codec. After seeing your question, I tried disabling Smart Codec and now Smart Plan and IVS are back! Why can’t the camera do IVS functions when Smart Codec is enabled? Is it a matter of not having enough processing power to handle both at the same time? I gather from your question about H.265 that this also disables IVS functions?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
duh, thats what I meant to say. I knew it disabled IVS. No dont think H.265 does.

NOAMattD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as well with a new 2431. I upgraded to the firmware posted in this forum and can set up IVS rules fine but not get them to trigger.

Inbouwkast

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as well with a new 2431. I upgraded to the firmware posted in this forum and can set up IVS rules fine but not get them to trigger.
What worked for me is log in to your camera. Setup ivs rules and schedule for the TRIGGER setup. Leave the rest on default.
After that, you can setup your nvr ivs settings. This is you RECORD setting. Go to the main schedule and setup your record schedule. I've got the same schedule there, as in the camera. After that go to your AI settings in the nvr. Go to IVS and vink the record box. The things you setup in the camera, don't touch them in the nvr settings. Only vink some other notifications if you want.

Last edited: