IVS Lines not triggering right

Titan912S

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I finally have my system mostly set up, but am having a few problems. I have a NVR5216-4KS2 and 7 of the HDW5231R-Z cameras from Andy, and set up from my previous topic New installation advice for house and dock
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/new-installation-advice-for-house-and-dock.22665/
My IVS lines don't seem to be working correctly, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Today I drove my car right through the lines without triggering anything, but when I walked out of the garage I triggered it (but not until I was well into the lines). Min Size target filter is set to 911*1510. Any smaller, and the raccoons that visit my house every night trigger all the time. Max is 8191*8191.

2nd slight problem is that I couldn't figure out a way to export a clip that included the IVS lines, so I just used my phone to record the screen. I know, I know.... :smash: Anyway, here's a video:
Thanks in advance for the help!

Titan912S

n3wb
Reaction score
I know it's an old thread - found it by searching for IVS issues - @Titan912S did you ever figure this out?
No. I just live with it. I have the min zones small enough that cats will trigger an alert, but I can get most everything else, too. I'll still have maybe 3 out of 5 zones that won't trigger when a car drives through, but they won't be the same ones each time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. I just live with it. I have the min zones small enough that cats will trigger an alert, but I can get most everything else, too. I'll still have maybe 3 out of 5 zones that won't trigger when a car drives through, but they won't be the same ones each time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Have you tried INTRUSION as opposed to LINE ???

RodeoGeorge

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read that IVS works better if motion is detected before lines are crossed. Tripwires and intrusion boxes right at the edges do not allow the system to sense the motion in relation to the line. It is not a true "trip-wire" so to speak but a relationship of sensed motion crossing the line. If the system starts tracking motion, it sets a green box. Then when the area is entered, it trips the wire. Maybe try moving the lines in a bit to allow movement to be sensed around the edges prior to trigger?

Titan912S

n3wb
Reaction score
Now that I look at it instead of going from memory, I have changed the setup from this original post. I do have an intrusion box in the center now. I'll move the trip lines further away from the edges.