IVS posibillitys

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I am new here so first of all hi to all of you.
I have a question about my setup of cameras and NVR.
I have 4 wifi Dahua cameras IPC-HDBW1435E-W-S2 and an Dahua wiz sense 8 channel NVR NVR2108-I.
My problem is that the cameras only support plain motion detection, and the NVR supports tripwire (this is the function i like the most) only on 2 channels.
I know i could buy a better NVR or better cameras but i am trying to go on a low budget, and i have no options to wire the cameras, therefor they have to be wireless. The wireless cameras sadly, as far as I know dont support IVS.
I was wondering if it is possible to adjust SMD (which is possible on 4 channels on my NVR) that it would work simmilar as the tripwire?
Or is it maybe possible via software like smart Pss or something simmilar which i would install on a computer that would then replace my NVR?
Hope that i made my issue clear (english is not my 1st language) :)
Thank you all

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My problem is that the cameras only support plain motion detection, and the NVR supports tripwire (this is the function i like the most) only on 2 channels.
Really 2 channel, or you read this at device promo?
Possible it 1 for linecrossing.
Sorry, only onboard ipc analytics can help you, no more.

Reaction score
Really 2 channel, or you read this at device promo?
Possible it 1 for linecrossing.
Sorry, only onboard ipc analytics can help you, no more.
SMD is possible on 4 channels. If i enable ivs then smd is no longer available, so i can not combine ivs and smd. I can use 1 channel face recognition or 2 channels ivs or 4 channels smd.
I was thinking to "draw" lines in smd mode and hope it will work like a tripwire.

Reaction score
You really add 2 channels ivs?
Yes. For now i only have 2 cameras set up (mounted outside) and on both i set up tripwires.
When i started to set up the third camera before i mount it i wanted to test the tripwires and it said on the nvr like for the first two camera but it said that the max capability is reached.
I am guessing that it has to do with processor capability of the nvr.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2 lines for private protocol, 1 line for onvif.
I think it software restrict more than cpu overload.
But for ordinal yser is the same, no more channel...

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SMD is supposed to be an upgrade to standard motion detection, that being only humans/vehicles to trigger it.
1645272267822.png

I suppose you could set up a motion detection area like a line or box, then tell the NVR to process for SMD.

Or is it maybe possible via software like smart Pss or something simmilar which i would install on a computer that would then replace my NVR?
Other software like Blue Iris (this is paid).
Free options could be something with an AI integration in Home assistant.

Reaction score
2 lines for private protocol, 1 line for onvif.
I think it software restrict more than cpu overload.
But for ordinal yser is the same, no more channel...
Yes, the bottom line is that i cant use it on all channels which sucks :) when i bought it i thought i was gonna use mainly smd but it still has to many fake alarms so tripwire is the best for my case.
Like i said, im gonna try to make a tripwire with smd. I will draw lines in detection areas and will see what happens.
As far as smart pss app goes, i am guessing you are still limited to your cameras futures and can not make an AI nvr with a computer and smart pss app?

Reaction score
SMD is supposed to be an upgrade to standard motion detection, that being only humans/vehicles to trigger it.
View attachment 119358

I suppose you could set up a motion detection area like a line or box, then tell the NVR to process for SMD.

Other software like Blue Iris (this is paid).
Free options could be something with an AI integration in Home assistant.
Thanks,
With blue iris you think this would be possible?
I know the easiest way would to buy better cameras with ai of its own, but i really have problems with the wiring.

Reaction score

Yes, this was my idea. I played with smd allready but as far as i could tell is that when i enable smd on the nvr it automaticly switches on md on the cameras, then i end up getting 2 alarms and 2 playbacks on my phone app. 1 alarm is from nvr (smd) and 1 from the camera (md) both from the same thing. I found this very annoying. With the tripwire it worked great.
Also what i found strange is that the smd alarm from the nvr didnt show no preview picture of the event on my phone app (it showed an icon of an lock), while the same event from the camera md showed the preview picture normally.
Again with the tripwire events from the nvr it worked normally and shows the preview picture.
The preview picture is a great future for me because you dont need to view the playback if you recognize the vehicle or person on the preview allready.