IVS rule not fired when not on the main preset SD22204UE-GN

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've recently installed a PTZ - SD22204UE-GN.
I'ts mounted on a pole where I already had 5442 ZE.
Each camera is facing the other way, giving me overview of people going up or down the street.
The 5442 is mounted high is quite zoomed out.
I wanted to use the 5442 as a "spotter" camera, so the PTZ will be able to get me face snapshot for better identification.
I followed the instructions from other thread to setup PTZ linkage but, it didn't work, got a weird error from the NVR.
NVR error when trying to setup PTZ linkage (the configuration is on the NVR, the IVS rule is of 5442):
1722802852398.png

I've implemented PTZ linkage myself, when a "person down the street" IVS rule is fired, my application changes the PTZ preset to look up the street.
This works well usually (depends on how fast the person move down the street).
The only problem is that in the new preset, the IVS rule is not fired (so, I don't have zoomed-in face snapshot of the person, I do have video recording).
Tried multiple options, different rule type different lines, nothing works.

Any idea how to make the IVS rule work when not in the main preset (i've configured smart plan for both presets)?

1722802602174.png
1722802652972.png
These are the cameras connected to a 8 port dahua NVR:
1722803170469.png
The first camera - IP Camera is 2431T (the first model no AI).
NVR details:
1722803297356.png
Network/NVR load:
1722803348538.png

Last edited:

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will try to answer myself.
Do a full reset to the IPC.
If that doesn't work, upgrade to the latest firmware.
This is the current firmware:
1723312920975.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its not the FW
The 2nd preset on the ptz must have its own unique IVS rules

Last edited:

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I did configure this properly, presets:
1723356958934.png
Smart plan:
1723356991082.png
IVS rules for main preset (#1):
1723357032789.png
IVS rule for the other preset (#11):
1723357174381.png

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried just setting it to preset 11 and going out and triggering the rule yourself?

If you watch it happen live on the browser and have the rules enabled can you see the rules visible on the screen?

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried just setting it to preset 11 and going out and triggering the rule yourself?

If you watch it happen live on the browser and have the rules enabled can you see the rules visible on the screen?
I'm not near the cameras right now (and no one else is, except for some people passing on the street) or in the near future.
The rule (in preset #11) should be triggered, there is no object type/size filter, the rule is active 24/7. I have a video recording of people passing by, but the IVS rule is not triggered.
I tried to use a tripwire and different IVS setups, nothing triggers the IVS rule on preset #11.
However, on preset #1 I have multiple IVS rules and they are all triggered as expected.

Because i'm far from the camera, i'm a bit afraid of resetting to default settings or upgrading the firmware, since I'll need to press the physical reset button if something goes wrong.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you sure the ptz is able to spin around to the preset #11 and activate quickly enough to allow IVS to be active when a person goes through it?

What I mean is it can take the PTZ 1-1.5 seconds to receive the command to go to preset#11, then .5-1 sec to reposition, then another .5 sec to activate the IVS rule for that preset. So easily 2.5 - 3 seconds from initial command to being active in the new preset.

So the question: Is your spotter activating far enough in advance for the ptz to get to position and activate its IVS rules before the subject crosses?

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So the question: Is your spotter activating far enough in advance for the ptz to get to position and activate its IVS rules before the subject crosses?
Good point.
I placed the IVS rule for the "spotter" camera as far as possible.
The distance between the IVS rule (tripwire) and the area the PTZ turns to is 18m (59ft).
As we know, there is a delay between the event in reality to the time the IVS rule is fired (and there is the time it takes to the PTZ to move from old to new preset + focus adjustment).
So, the answer, it depends on how fast the person walks, but for most cases (slow walk), the PTZ is able to turn before the person enters the frame.
Maybe the IVS rule in the new preset, only activates after X seconds (since the preset change) or so.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When the camera swings to a new preset, it takes a moment for it to settle and set up the IVS rules. Depending on the camera and how far it had to spin, it could be 0.5 to 2 seconds or so before it is ready to start tracking.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've recently installed a PTZ - SD22204UE-GN.
I'ts mounted on a pole where I already had 5442 ZE.
Each camera is facing the other way, giving me overview of people going up or down the street.
The 5442 is mounted high is quite zoomed out.
I wanted to use the 5442 as a "spotter" camera, so the PTZ will be able to get me face snapshot for better identification.
I followed the instructions from other thread to setup PTZ linkage but, it didn't work, got a weird error from the NVR.
NVR error when trying to setup PTZ linkage (the configuration is on the NVR, the IVS rule is of 5442):
View attachment 200290

I've implemented PTZ linkage myself, when a "person down the street" IVS rule is fired, my application changes the PTZ preset to look up the street.
The only problem is that in the new preset, the IVS rule is not fired (so, I don't have zoomed-in face snapshot of the person, I do have video recording).

Any idea how to make the IVS rule work when not in the main preset (i've configured smart plan for both presets)?

View attachment 200288
View attachment 200289
These are the cameras connected to a 8 port dahua NVR:
View attachment 200295
The first camera - IP Camera is 2431T (the first model no AI).
NVR details:
View attachment 200297
Network/NVR load:
View attachment 200298

This part caught my eye, you're not using the built in PTZ activation command? (I assume the error you got is due to too many IVS rules on one preset)

I wonder if your "application" is actually sending the PTZ to its True Preset? If not, it wont activate IVS rules

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know it changes preset, because, when I watch the recording, I see the PTZ turn and even captures the person moving.
However, I don't see an "event" on the time line and snapshot is not being captured.
This is the spotter cam:
1723406019488.png
I know, very dark (this is the best result I can get without the extra effort of installing IR lights).
In the day the quality is great (5442ZE).
This is a video of the PTZ changing preset and capturing a person passing by (IVS, in the PTZ, was not triggered):

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Im sure it changes the position of the ptz, my question is does it match perfectly with what the PTZ sees as its preset position?
my application changes the PTZ preset to look up the street. Isnt the same as moving the PTZ to its already pre-defined exact preset

Still if you can see it sit in Preset #11 and targets walk though the IVS lines and dont trip or record, I'd go back to the basics and check on that preset, the IVS recording controls, schedule etc.

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im sure it changes the position of the ptz, my question is does it match perfectly with what the PTZ sees as its preset position?
my application changes the PTZ preset to look up the street. Isnt the same as moving the PTZ to its already pre-defined exact preset

Still if you can see it sit in Preset #11 and targets walk though the IVS lines and dont trip or record, I'd go back to the basics and check on that preset, the IVS recording controls, schedule etc.
I used the API to move to a present.
The preset name is also displayed as an overlay in the video, see my previous message, I've attached a video.
The IVS schedule is defined to always work, I've verified that.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue bar on the timeline only comes up if you have intelligent schedule enabled.

More so looking for the IVS rule visible when playing back the footage, playback the event and see if the intrusion zone is visible when playing back.