IVS Tripwire on Dahua

Soulmining

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I tried that at first only the IVS rule and when that continued not to work I enabled the MD. The IVS rule will not email or do a notification. The MD will do both.
I just started setting up IVS and got exact same problem. No emails from IVS, just from MD.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Apart from the #metoo posts, can you please describe your setup? What is enabled, what is not? Single cam or with NVR?

If you think you "messed up" (eg by trial and error lots of stuff), it is easier to factory reset the thing and restart over.

Good luck!
CC

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I have tried about every combination of enabling and setting there is. I have in the past been able to get this to work on another camera I no longer have. I am notsure why I can not keep the ALL button selected in the schedule or if any setup is required in the Global setup?

Attachments

Soulmining

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it working. Apparently, you need to set up the Global Setup. Watch this video: DahuaWiki. I set up 3 vertical lines, and 1 horizontal lines, and now the my IVS email is working. However, I still cant get it to include a snapshot in the email. Is a SD card needed to have snapshot?

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will try and figure that out but when I previously had this working on a camera a few years ago I don’t even remember that being an option the global setup

Soulmining

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh, I also clicked IVS under Event->Smart Plan. Not sure what that does...was just trying anything.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, I also clicked IVS under Event->Smart Plan. Not sure what that does...was just trying anything.
That's what I said: you have to enable smart plan, then the "intelligent" features (like IVS) work.

Soulmining

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I said: you have to enable smart plan, then the "intelligent" features (like IVS) work.
Ok..I missed this because I assumed enabling IVS rules (and disabling MD) is what you meant. Didnt know it needed another option called Smart Plan :(. Thanks.

rfc19

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I'm also having very, very similar issues. I believe I have tried everything suggested here, but will post my scenario.

I am trying to enable any sort of detection/alert - I don't care if it's tripwire, intrusion or otherwise - to let me know when something changes in my field of view on a particular area. I am using a Dahua NVR and Dahua Cameras (DH-IPC-HDW3641TMP-AS-0360B-AUS).

Note: I purposely captured screenshots in a loading phase for privacy reasons.

1628552646550.png

1628552705955.png

1628553081223.png

• IVS Plan is enabled
  • I am using Private manufacturer

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I'm also having very, very similar issues. I believe I have tried everything suggested here, but will post my scenario.

I am trying to enable any sort of detection/alert - I don't care if it's tripwire, intrusion or otherwise - to let me know when something changes in my field of view on a particular area. I am using a Dahua NVR and Dahua Cameras (DH-IPC-HDW3641TMP-AS-0360B-AUS).

Note: I purposely captured screenshots in a loading phase for privacy reasons.

View attachment 97932

View attachment 97933

View attachment 97938

• IVS Plan is enabled
  • I am using Private manufacturer
Not much info to go on, but do ALL your settings directly in the cameras web gui, not in the NVR or in SmartPSS.
See here for more: Dahua Wiki