Ivs ?

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello everyone, quick question, what is really the difference between tripwire and intrusion ivs, in my case it is for my car entry which is the better of the two? thank you so much sorry for my english translator ;-)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try both and decide for yourself. It can vary from installation to installation due to view, lighting and many other factors.

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With a tripwire - if you do not have it properly placed in the image, then the camera may not trigger because the camera needs time to identify the target (especially if using AI) before it decides if it is a target to trigger. For example, if you place a tripwire too close to the edge of the image, something moving fast enough could pass beyond the tripwire and not trigger an event. Many people will use a Z like tripwire layout to catch something that may get past the first one.

The intrusion box can be set up such that a target could pass the line quick enough to not track, but would be tracked for being within the box.

But as mentioned above, it does vary from installation to installation. My personal first choice is the intrusion box, but I have a few cameras that the tripwire works better than the intrusion.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems to depend on the scene. I generally have better success with intrusion but some larger scenes I support them with trips too. It's fiddly in certain scenes. Gotta fiddle till you get the best results.