junction box newbie, cable glands/connector size?

Cjy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, i just purchased a set of dahua brackets to match my cameras but noticed when they arrived that they didn't come with cable glands.

This is probably kind of obvious question, but could someone help describe what type and dimension cable gland i need? i live in the uk.

junction box model PFA 130-e
specified pipe thread dimension: g3/4"
Looking up G3/4 cable gland only gives me results from hong kong on ebay and nothing on amazon, so i'm kind of lost. the actual thread measures to about 1"

thanks

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there, i just purchased a set of dahua brackets to match my cameras but noticed when they arrived that they didn't come with cable glands.

This is probably kind of obvious question, but could someone help describe what type and dimension cable gland i need? i live in the uk.

junction box model PFA 130-e
specified pipe thread dimension: g3/4"
Looking up G3/4 cable gland only gives me results from hong kong on ebay and nothing on amazon, so i'm kind of lost. the actual thread measures to about 1"

thanks
If I'm not mistaken, the threads will be approximatly 1 1/8". This should he the standard 3/4" threaded connector size for electrical fittings. Depending on what you're running to it you have a few different options

You can run a 3/4" non-metallic liquid tight conduit with fittings to match, you can run a 3/4" metallic liquid tight conduit with fittings to match, or some other conduit that I've never used before.

Both of these things can be bought. My supply houses/wholesalers won't sell the non-metallic liquid tight in less than 100 foot rolls. A big box store will. The metallic liquid tight conduit will probably be only at a supply house/wholesaler for electrical items.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are different sizes for cable glands. A single CAT-5e is about 0.5 + MM in diameter, in which the gland spec’s is PG-9 (check included photo for different sizes). The included plastic caps (hole through is about 20 MM), an will requiere an adapter/reducer, based in your cable count/PG selection321FB372-BC9E-4CD8-A859-E137EFB6C0E9.jpeg

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am not familiar with what the size differences are, if any, between what is available here in the US compared to there in the UK. This response will be based on what I did from what I could get.

NPT is common here in the US. The 3/4 NPT fits snug in the junction bow. I got some PVC Male Thread Drain Plugs from Amazon (see link). I drilled a hole in the center of the caps and tapped the hole with threads for the cable glands. The cable gland nut will not fit on the back but the gland screws into the plug so the gland nut is not needed. If I were to do it again, I might go with a tap for a pg7 or pg9.

There is a picture of the result in another thread.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.