Just a reminder that AI is not perfect

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@bigredfish Raccoons are my nemesis. I only have a lawn in the back. A hobby of mine is lawn care, and these bastages love to go to the lawn area and start pulling up the grass looking for insects to eat. I have a camera specifically dedicated to alerting me if they show up back there. The AI for identifying raccoons isn't reliable so I just use MD. When it sees motion overnight in that area, I get alerted and then have target practice with the pellet rifle.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bigredfish Raccoons are my nemesis. I only have a lawn in the back. A hobby of mine is lawn care, and these bastages love to go to the lawn area and start pulling up the grass looking for insects to eat. I have a camera specifically dedicated to alerting me if they show up back there. The AI for identifying raccoons isn't reliable so I just use MD. When it sees motion overnight in that area, I get alerted and then have target practice with the pellet rifle.
Yeah, the little masked bostages scale my chain link fence and get into the protected area for our dogs and dig all night.....:confused:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

The Gammo Swarm .22 pellet gun with Polymag Predator pellets will do the job

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Gammo Swarm .22 pellet gun with Polymag Predator pellets will do the job
I was looking for a replacement as the rubber ring seems to wear out fast on compressed air gun. A bit expensive but looks like it would do the job on squirrels. If they try to get in my attic. I usually use a trap but some are cagey.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been looking at air guns as I'm not allowed to own firearms. Pretty impressive what's out there these days...

My research started as I struggled to eliminate a woodpecker problem on the siding of my house at about 40 yards out. BB gun isn't cutting it. I bought a scope and a pellet magazine for my Daisy.

Reaction score
We're not going to get into the specifics as this encourages people to find ways around the rules. What we will say is we use a mixture of features that use both our own experience and judgment, as well as machine tools. We only remove once we feel that there is a significant burden of evidence, and don't just remove every story that someone says might be AI.
JJSploit

Last edited: