Just another day In CHIRAQ GRAPHIC not safe for work

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right around the corner. Shot in the head. What surprised me is they left him uncovered from 8:15 when the shooting happened till about 10 minutes ago.

I feel for the cops with it being 0 degrees out right now

ct-chicago-shooting-violence-20160116-001.jpeg

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does that happen there? I thought Chicago was a heavily gun-controlled (aka gun-free) zone... Are the murderers not obeying the gun laws? /sarc
Gun free zones I don't recall the public street being a gun free zone :O) I could post a video of a dude who tried to rob a armored car and was shot in the face. Amazing how his eye was hanging from the socket and he was trying to put it back in.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Gun free zones I don't recall the public street being a gun free zone :O) I could post a video of a dude who tried to rob a armored car and was shot in the face. Amazing how his eye was hanging from the socket and he was trying to put it back in.
Chicago is one of the most gun-restricted cities in the country. Up until recently, it was virtually impossible for a law abiding citizen to possess one for their own protection. Pretty sure those restrictive laws extend to the public streets.

The gun control laws there don't make criminals become law-abiding. They do, however, turn law-abiding gun-owning citizens into criminals.

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
imagine how hard it is to stop people Just driving in from neighbouring area's with weapons... probably needs to be an all of america thing if it's going to have any effect

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chicago is one of the most gun-restricted cities in the country. Up until recently, it was virtually impossible for a law abiding citizen to possess one for their own protection. Pretty sure those restrictive laws extend to the public streets.

The gun control laws there don't make criminals become law-abiding. They do, however, turn law-abiding gun-owning citizens into criminals.
It wasn't impossible or any where near impossible prior to concealed weapons. You simply bought a gun and registered it with the city of chicago for 25 bucks or 75 for 3 as long as you had a Foid card and were not a criminal. I've owned a handgun in the city since i was 21, never had issues getting or and never had a issue getting long guns either. I have well over 300 weapons in my house that have been purchased since the age of 21 and not a issue. The real hidden issue behind the handgun ban was simply you couldn't purchase one with in chicago or register one at one point in the city then when they disbanded the gun registration unit it didn't matter. Simply put buy hand gun and keep it to yourself. You were still legal according to the state and there was no ban about transporting a hand gun so even if you were stopped and it was located in a case nothing came of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sure. Let's just take that wonderful successful experiment in Chicago (and all strictly gun controlled cities) and use that as a template for the rest of the US.

Waco, TX - which has the highest gun to resident ratio in the entire country, has the absolute lowest gun crime rate in the country. It is precisely in the cities that have the strictest gun controls where the highest gun crimes occur.

Even if one was to assume that the guns used in crimes in gun-controlled cities come from legally purchased guns in other areas, it does nothing to remove the 300+ million guns that are already in circulation. Simply making something illegal won't get rid of the the demand (or supply).

Even in the most controlled environment - a super-max prison - where the 'residents' are watched 24/7, locked behind bars, and controlled with armed government officials, cocaine, heroin, and other contraband are still readily available. If government can't keep those blatantly illegal things from a population that is under lock and key, exactly how would they do so in the rest of the country - assuming they made guns illegal?

In other words, the genie is out of the bottle, and it's not going back in. This country will never be able to get rid of all guns. And given that the bad guys will ALWAYS have access to them, no matter how 'gun-free' we may declare a location, I would prefer to keep the playing field level and allow law-abiding citizens to carry and protect themselves (and others).

My apologies to the OP for hijacking this thread.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best part is not everyone caught with a gun is shot as the public would like to think.

Here form a week ago

Unfortunately the 283 bags of cocaine carry a worse jail term then the hand gun

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's a perfect example. Cocaine is illegal in all 50 states. Not regulated. Banned. Completely illegal. Yet, where there is demand, there will be supply. The same thing would happen with guns. Except, the only ones who would have access are the criminals.

I would be the first person to surrender my guns if there was a way to guarantee that all guns disappeared. Including the police and military.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It wasn't impossible or any where near impossible prior to concealed weapons. You simply bought a gun and registered it with the city of chicago for 25 bucks or 75 for 3 as long as you had a Foid card and were not a criminal. I've owned a handgun in the city since i was 21, never had issues getting or and never had a issue getting long guns either. I have well over 300 weapons in my house that have been purchased since the age of 21 and not a issue. The real hidden issue behind the handgun ban was simply you couldn't purchase one or register one in the city. Simply put buy hand gun and keep it to yourself. You were still legal according to the state and there was no ban about transporting a hand gun so even if you were stopped and it was located in a case nothing came of it.
Thanks for provide a little more clarity from someone who lives there. How difficult is it to get legal approval to carry a concealed gun in Chicago? Or keep a loaded gun in your car? In other words, if put in a situation where you might actually need to use it for self defense, are there any legal hurdles that would make immediate, unrestricted access impossible?

In FL, with a CCW, I can carry anywhere (with some exceptions), fully loaded. Likewise, with said CCW, I can keep it on my being, or within reach - fully loaded - while in my car. Having a gun in the trunk, or unloaded in a case when someone is carjacking you is useless.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a perfect example. Cocaine is illegal in all 50 states. Not regulated. Banned. Completely illegal. Yet, where there is demand, there will be supply. The same thing would happen with guns. Except, the only ones who would have access are the criminals.

I would be the first person to surrender my guns if there was a way to guarantee that all guns disappeared. Including the police and military.
Ill never give my guns up they are used one for protection, two for a weekend get away for target shooting and maybe hunting here and there. As long as their is a weapon on this planet aka a pen, scissors, knife, baton etc etc i will be holding onto my weapons

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for provide a little more clarity from someone who lives there. How difficult is it to get legal approval to carry a concealed gun in Chicago? Or keep a loaded gun in your car? In other words, if put in a situation where you might actually need to use it for self defense, are there any legal hurdles that would make immediate, unrestricted access impossible?

In FL, with a CCW, I can carry anywhere (with some exceptions), fully loaded. Likewise, with said CCW, I can keep it on my being, or within reach - fully loaded - while in my car. Having a gun in the trunk, or unloaded in a case when someone is carjacking you is useless.
Honestly getting the approval now is pretty painless. but then again you can hit the snafu. Get your FOID from the state police, take the mandatory training, then apply for the Concealed permit. Now here is where it gets tricky electronic Finger prints will get you a card in less then 60 days if you're not objected to by a PD. You will not a see a approval or card prior to 30 days since you app sits in a computer system that every police department in the state has access too. They can go in an review your app and can check you out and not contest it if they find nothing or they can object to it based on their dealings with you. If a PD objects your app then its forwarded to a review board who then has the last say either yes or no. Basically they are the final folks looking at if the objection is good or bad and the PD that objected needs to provide PROOF. I carry a weapon for work, never been arrested and yet I was objected to Go figure. In the end i was approved. They won't tell you who or what the objection is but having access to run stuff in NCIC i knew it was going to be a issue from the get go cause there is a guy with the same name as mine different description and address that has a warrant since 1995. Most Officers don't read past the name and date of birth to determine if they have the right person I.E. height weight hair color etc. so in the end it took 6 months to get a card i didn't even need.

It can be loaded in the car tho it has to be concealed, you have to notify an officer upon him asking if you have a weapon. YOU DO NOT have to say anything if he doesn't ask about it. Most already know since it comes up when they run the play in big red letters it shows Carry concealed Permit and thats if they actually run the plate the right way. In short you can run it in one of two ways the plate where just the info on the car comes up or running it where the info on the car and driver is provided. There are parks and what not you are restricted to not carrying as expected also we have safe passage routes that are posted where you can be with in 50 feet of them as they are monitored by volunteers etc etc for students that have to walk to schools thru rival gang areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, it's a 'may' issue, vs. 'shall' issue? In FL, to get an NFA-regulated weapon (short barrel rifle, suppressor, fully automatic), you must send a form to the ATF (along with a $200 tax), which contains the signature of the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of your county. The sheriffs in all but three counties have stated publicly that they will NOT sign such forms. That's a defacto ban on my ability to legally obtain such weapons. Fortunately, one can form a trust, and have the trust apply to the ATF, where the CLEO signature is not required, but still...

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, it's a 'may' issue, vs. 'shall' issue? In FL, to get an NFA-regulated weapon (short barrel rifle, suppressor, fully automatic), you must send a form to the ATF (along with a $200 tax), which contains the signature of the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of your county. The sheriffs in all but three counties have stated publicly that they will NOT sign such forms. That's a defacto ban on my ability to legally obtain such weapons. Fortunately, one can form a trust, and have the trust apply to the ATF, where the CLEO signature is not required, but still...
Its a shall issue if your not a criminal the objects don't carry much weight and it has been proven cook county was objecting to everyone and anyone living in the county as was chicago. Tom dart was a real dick and the term I was just lawn darted came up aka meaning tom dart the sheriff and his cronies hit the object button for no reason

Any where outside cook county and Chicago the objects were SMALL as in very small almost zero. IF the sheriffs and S.A. out there said we will not be charging people for carrying etc etc. There was 100,000 apps the first year and only 2000 give or take were denied but there are law suits pending over that.

This sums it up

1. Any law enforcement agency may submit an objection to a license applicant based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety.
  2. If an applicant has 5 or more arrests for any reason, that have been entered into the Criminal History Records Information (CHRI) System, within the 7 years preceding the date of application for a license, or has 3 or more arrest within within 7 years preceding the application for any combination of gang-related offenses.
  3. If no objections are received from law enforcement the license shall be granted within 90 days of completed application. If an objection is received the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board shall issue a decision within 30 days of denial in most cases.
Qualifications for a License

1. 21 years of Age.
  2. Current and valid FOID.
  3. Have not been convicted or found guilty in this or any other state of:
    • Felony
    • A misdemeanor involving the use or threat of physical force or violence to any person with in the preceding 5 years.
    • 2 or more violations related to DWI, drugs or alcohol, within the preceding 5 years.
  4. No pending arrest warrant prosecution, or proceeding that would disqualify owning or possessing a firearm.
  5. No residential or court ordered treatment for alcohol or drugs within preceding 5 years.
  6. Has completed firearms training and education. 16 Hours.
Fees
Initial application$150.00Non-Refundable. Good for 5 Years.
Non-resident$ 300.00.Non-Refundable. Good for 5 Years.
Renewal$ 150.00Non-Refundable. Good for 5 Years.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh yeah adding one more thing the city of chicago required training and registration also. basically you needed to have a chicago firearms permit but that was killed the day the concealed weapons permit went legal. Basically chicago was trying to make it as hard and as expensive as they could. Trying to deter people but it failed. Yet if you don't have the Il conceal permit you need to have the chicago permit its whack