Just another new member

yodai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined recently. My search for a decent camera system lead me here. I want to put some cameras up at a unit im renting in a small triplex. I want to view my rear entrance, side walkway with storage shed, front door/driveway, and front yard/ street parking, so probably 4 cameras and a possible inside camera.

Biggest problem being its a rental so I dont want to drill holes to run wires through. I do see a attic crawl space I can access and some air vent holes along the exterior eaves. Power would be my next problem because there are no outlets in any closet that I would like to place a noisy nvr in. Ok so lets say I solve those problems, on to what equipment would be suggested.

I am leaning towards hikvision because I would like push notifications, which I read Dahua cant do yet. I will primarily be viewing from an android phone if that matters. I dont know much about lens's but would 4mm be suitable for distance of 5ft to 30ft? 30 feet would be the farthest a camera would need to see. Does LTS sell to diy customers or just business's? Any help and suggestions are welcome.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua did push notifications before Hikvision. For me it's a gimmick as detterent is the main reason and recorded footage for when that goes wrong is the other.

You need to PM milkisbad for LTS and you can't go wrong with LTS either.

Not sure how you are going to install without drilling holes to mount them!

yodai

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I do plan on mounting to the beams under the eaves. I think those holes wont be a problem and easily patched. Holes that penetrate all the way through a wall I would like to avoid.