Just having a bad day with tech today - new Jennov Mini-PTZ cam

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased the Jennov M-Series Mini PTZ 5mp cam (A76WM55-5X-EA) to eventually get connected to an NVR, probably in the spring as I'm running out of days that I will be Stateside ( International Snowbird ) The NVR is a whole 'nother issue.

Anyhoo, I went to the Jennov website and downloaded the PC / LMS software. After installing, I tried running, it gave me several errors stating that some .dll's were missing. I never got to a login dialog. So I downloaded again, then reinstalled. Same issue. I'm running Windows 10 for this program... normally I'm in the linux world.

So I tried using my Android phone with the M-Videolink App ... at least the app fired up and will let me log in... BUT... when trying to add a new device to the app, I scan the QR code on the camera, but the app spits out an error that it cannot bind, try again (460) . I did this a number of times, the app will not bind to the camera.

Good news is, with this no-name NVR, I was able to get video and have PTZ control, but, I have absolutely NO idea how to set up so it will "detect humans" or have the camera pan left and right and then automatically stop on motion detection, or even track motion. Zero documentation on this NVR.

If I'm going to be stuck with manual PTZ control, I might as well just install 16 POE cameras around the house and yard ( the NVR is 16 camera capable ), 16 cams will cover EVERYTHING plus a couple to annoy the neighbor since they have cams pointed at me.

So, if anyone knows the trick to getting LMS to install properly ( I also tried in WinDohs Admin Mode ) and / or how to get the camera to bind to the M-Videolink app, please tell me your secrets.

Also, if anyone has info on this no-name rack-mount NVR, DJ-2516P, specifically info on how to set up the PTZ for automatic panning and motion detection... please post where I can find it.

Thank you.

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
AH HA !!!!

I found the issues and answered my own question and issues.

Googling I found something about one of the dll's , the concrt.dll , it mentioned that it was an important dll of the C++ runtime. So, like anything winDOHs, when in doubt, uninstall, restart and reinstall... except, instead of relying on the wears from Jennov, I went to Microsoft and downloaded and re-installed the C++ runtime / redistro package.

WHAMMO !!!

The AJ setup program works and the LMS program works. I then tried the Android app, except this time, I used the QR code that was generated by the software instead of the QR code on the camera.

DING DING DING DING! COME ON DOWN!

That worked and the binding was good.

So, if anyone has those issues with dll's missing and the M-Videolink app not binding the camera(s) ... here are your answers

Now, onto MORE problems....