Just recorded a bulglar(probably), I think I must have more cams[video]

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I don't know what happened out there. I live in apartment, I use this camera for my car. I think I must have more and better cams. What kind of Hikvision model do you recommend for this area and lighting?

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have hikvision, so can't help there.

In general, this camera appears to be too high and too wide angle to be able to provide useful information. Doesn't look like you can get facial recognition on anybody in the lot.
You can tell what's going on, but can't tell who did it.
If you really want to protect your car, seems like you would have to park in the same spot all the time, and zoom in on your car. I have a feeling this is not practical advice, maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.

Randy

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why are you limited to Hikvision?

Have you worked out how far you are from where you need to capture. Between the cars looks like a natural point through which everyone will pass but would probably need two cams covering it to get sufficient pixel density. Can you see another choke point like a gate from your mounting point? Do you have a set parking space?

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I need to see all parking lot first(is 2.8mm can handle?), and second close distance cam for only entrance of the parking lot.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
2.8mm lenses usually have about a 90 degree field of view.

People on foot don't always use the entrance that a vehicle would. But certainly a cam at the main entrance would be a good idea.