Just Saying Hi to all of you

Reaction score
I'm new here and I'm a total newbie when it comes to IP Cameras and everything to do with them, so please forgive my stupidity when asking for help..

My Name is Steve and I live in Campbelltown, which is in the south western suburbs of Sydney, Australia.

I'm over 60 and have been playing with computers for most of my life, building, fixing them, etc. My first computer was an Amstrad PC1512, hopefully some of you recall them. It had 2 x 5 1/4 floppy disc drives and ran with 512KB Ram and an 8MHhz Intel 8086 CPU. Wow, what a machine that was...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome!

My first computer was a Commadore 64. According to wikipedia it came with 64k of Ram and a 1 mhz (MEGAHERTZ!) CPU. If I remember correctly it took more than one floppy disk to get through startup. There was a disk for every app and even to run Spell check required a special floppy disk. I even recall as a young child calling the local computer store and asking if they sold hard drives for that computer and the guy laughed at me. :( Laughed!
My first was an Apple II+, 64K RAM, Rockwell 6502 CPU, 8 bit. When I first got it in 1980 (for $1,250 !! Yikes!!), there was no floppy for it, I loaded/saved programs (Basic) on a Panasonic cassette recorder! Their 5-1/4" floppy came out later and was $500 (yes, $500!)...and that's '80-'81 bucks!
It was 143k, single sided. Man, I though that thing was IT!:rofl:

Reaction score
Welcome!

My first computer was a Commadore 64. According to wikipedia it came with 64k of Ram and a 1 mhz (MEGAHERTZ!) CPU. If I remember correctly it took more than one floppy disk to get through startup. There was a disk for every app and even to run Spell check required a special floppy disk. I even recall as a young child calling the local computer store and asking if they sold hard drives for that computer and the guy laughed at me. :( Laughed!
Hi drunkpengiun (love the name, like me trying to use Ubuntu).. Yeah I had one of those old 64's as well just for games though.....If you could call them games not like todays eh..