Keeping time set on Dahua?

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey folks.

In the config tool it lets you (seemingly) do a timeset (one-time) to your PC clock (which likely is set to an NTP source).

However I can't quite tell how to keep my new 4MP turret sync'ed to any master clock to prevent drift over time.

Am I missing something? On a cheaper camera I believe I recall seeing an ntp function in the camera firmware, but with the Dahua I have yet to find a way (any way) to keep it sync'ed?

Thanks!

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok yes I did actually find that earlier and set it up, I forgot about that.

Does that only function when the web UI is running though? (Meaning if I was using Blue Iris or some other PC based NVR, would the camera still be updating time regularly?)

hal9000

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems to work all the time. I use Surveillance Station so I have it configured to the IP of the NAS and 10 minutes and the camera keeps the time. Without the NTP setting it would drift too much.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just confirmed - while the web UI seems to be the only place to set the time, it does indeed set the clock from the camera.

I set the server to my PC's ip address (after enabling ntp)... Shut down the web UI, changed the time on my pc... And I saw the updated time on my ipad viewer within the next minute. (I set the update period to 1 min)

Thanks!