Key Not Found

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
I have three instances of BI running at different locations. We had an IP change at one location, first time in a year, on my iphone I click the get IP and it comes back with "Key Not Found". I tried the other two locations, same thing.

Any idea what's going on?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have three instances of BI running at different locations. We had an IP change at one location, first time in a year, on my iphone I click the get IP and it comes back with "Key Not Found". I tried the other two locations, same thing.

Any idea what's going on?
It sounds like your iPhone App forgot the BI installation key; I believe that your problem may be at the App lever...not the BI server level.

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
So are you saying delete the app, reinstall or that the first 5 / last 5 needs to be deleted?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
No need, just input your product key into the app and it will find your IP.

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, doesn't do it. I know you need to input the first five and last five. I have had that working since it first came out. Now though all three systems give the same error.

I am thinking it's the app on my phone bc for all three to give it doesn't sound right.

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
Well....happens on every iPhone or iPad I own, same error, key not found.

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this is a very old thread but my BI iPhone app is doing just that on my wife’s phone and mine , I rebooted the router and phone even checked my IP address nothing has changed but cannot connect to either of the 2 locations I have BI .

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Me too, this morning. Must be a problem with Perspective’s servers.

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got it working by going into the app and hit "Forget Server" and reinstalling them. :wtf:

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a problem with BI servers, I had this issue today with all my installs. On the phone edit the connection and "de-select Lookup Key at each logon" then manually enter your WAN IP and Port.
Hint: It's easier to Delete and Re-scan the QR code, as when it adds the new connection, adds with the latest IP and doesn't have lookup Key at each logon selected"

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Back up with no intervention from me. I was waiting a bit to see if something was reset on the server side of BI.

Glassdome

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue today. Not impressed as the reason I have been a long term BI fan is I thought we avoid server dependence at BI or any cloud hosting of elements. Why do they need to do this as the key authentication should be locked to your local machine once done. If BI servers are down or hacked does that mean we then can’t access our cameras through the app

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine was also down but it looks like the issue may have just been resolved as the iOS app now connects and displays alerts.