Ladder Review: Werner Multi Max Pro

Reaction score
Over the last few years of installing cameras one of the tools that I really wanted was a decent quality ladder. Back in March a local Home Depot
had a huge shipment of Werner Multi Max Pro 20' ladders priced at $179, (now $219 :rolleyes:) so I thought about it and bought one:

It is a hybrid between a traditional step ladder and an extension ladder - meaning it can be used as both. I've been using it for a couple of months now and it is good ladder.
It's a Werner, so it is well made. It is cleverly, although no particularly intuitively, engineered. The "folding" mechanism is well designed. The
levelers are well designed. The latching/racheting mechanism on the leaning side is a little fussy in my experience. The extension mechanism on the step side is straightforward.
The ladder is very stable when I needed to access a location about 18' off the ground on a non-level surface.

The biggest con is that it is heavy at 47 lbs. I am 60 and healthy and able-bodied. My usage is intensive, but infrequent. If I had to use
this ladder every day, say professionally, I would rather have two ladders: a traditional step ladder, and a traditional extension ladder.
For my needs it works well enough - if I am patient getting it transported and configured.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought a little giant ladder dark horse 2.0 M17 made of Fiberglass about a year ago for around $400. It's a little too expensive for a ladder but I bite the bullet. The weigh it's about 31 Pounds but I feel more secure and stable using it compared to the lighter ladders.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just bought this same Werner ladder a couple of days ago.

I used it today to put some decoration on the wall and had it extended to the max. It’s top heavy when fully extended and difficult to maneuver. I did use the leg leveler so that was a bonus.

Because of its weight it won’t get much use I’m afraid. 7/10.

Reaction score
While I did not buy this particular ladder, I did recently buy the Gorilla version at Home Depot. Being that the only time I have fallen off a ladder was during the last camera install at my home over the steps on the front porch, I needed a ladder in the future that had varying leg adjustments. I did notice right away how much these weigh and will probably hold onto an A-frame ladder or two so I don't have to drag this around as frequently. I did at least buy the optional wheel kit so I can pull it around most of the areas.