Landscape Lighting Creating Glare on Cams

H. Swanson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the latest 5442 S3 cameras. I had landscape lighting installed that shoots up the house and creates a strong halo on two of my cameras. I've narrowed the beam and positioned the lights to the side of the cameras, but it still creates a bad halo.

I realize this may be a long shot, but are there any settings to minimize the halo at night?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Shield it as you can if some way. Maybe try taking exposure faster but if it's strong, then that's going to darken everything else and you'll probably still have a smaller, less bright halo. HLC maybe but the same applies. Post an image of what you've got if you can and might get some more suggestions.

H. Swanson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here’s a sample pic of my two front cameras.

The left camera has a light on the right you can see but a light on the left you can’t see. It’s the light on the left that’s likely causing the halo.

The right camera has a light below it on the right.

Both cameras sit under an eave of bay windows about 9 to 11ft off the ground.

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a tough one. Can you up the angle of the cams a little more? Don't really need to look at the mulch beds quite so much. Just a little might have a larger effect. As above maybe try to stick something at the bottom of the cam out as far as you can without it being in view. You could tape some paper/cardboard on as a quick test.

H. Swanson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a tough one. Can you up the angle of the cams a little more? Don't really need to look at the mulch beds quite so much. Just a little might have a larger effect. As above maybe try to stick something at the bottom of the cam out as far as you can without it being in view. You could tape some paper/cardboard on as a quick test.
Great ideas. Thank you.