Last Nigth 5442 in action

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I make the call last nigth,when i saw the car park in fron of the house. I got a neighboor that use the hookers service,several timea a week. The color picts is 5442 3.8mm in color all nigth. And the B/W is 5442 2.7 vari. The distance is around the 40 to 50 feet.Im thinking that with a ptz looks more clear and nicer?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dang did they arrest both parties?

It comes down to the distance you want to IDENTIFY at.

The 3.8mm will not IDENTIFY at 40-50 feet.

Have you dialed in the settings to get a clean picture? The side yard B/W has a lot of IR bounce that is degrading the image. Sometimes we are stuck with placement, but if you could get it lower it would be better.

Here are my general distance recommendations, but switch out the Dahua 5442 series camera to the equivalent 2MP on the 1/2.8" sensor or equivalent Hikvision works as well.
  • 5442 fixed lens 2.8mm - anything within 10 feet of camera OR as an overview camera
  • 5442 ZE - varifocal - distances up to 40-50 feet (personally I wouldn't go past the 30 foot range but I like things closer)
  • 5442 Z4E - anything up to 80-100 feet (personally I wouldn't go past 60 feet but I like things closer)
  • 5241-Z12E - anything from 80 feet to almost 200 feet (personally I wouldn't go past 150 feet because I like things closer)
  • 5241-Z12E - for a license plate cam that you would angle up the street to get plates up to about 175 feet away, or up to 220 with additional IR.
  • 49225 PTZ - great auto-track PTZ and in conjunction with an NVR or Blue Iris and the cameras above that you can use as spotter cams to point the PTZ to the correct location to compliment the fixed cams.
You need to get the correct camera for the area trying to be covered. A wide angle 2.8mm to IDENTIFY someone 50 feet away is the wrong camera regardless of how good the camera is. A 2.8mm camera to IDENTIFY someone within 10 feet is a good choice OR it is an overview camera to see something happened but not be able to identify who.

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They only arrest 1 of them,impound the car looks like the find something. Those cameras are set to get a close shots like you said and i follow the forum advice. And the shot with the bounce ir,is in the side of the house in the only location i can use. But for the distance i think was a good catch. As always thanks for all the input.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
if its the only location you can use (and you cannot mount it lower)

i would turn off the IR , get higher focal lenght and install an external IR floodlight which is lower than the "roof" -> AC Camera

driveway also more focal lenght..

and the other camera for the yard can be used as an overview camera, but i would point it more right , because you not really get more information out of the driveway when you have another camera for the driveway

or install even more cameras... maybe sebastiantombs rabbits have babies soon ;)

just my 2cents

Last edited: