Latest Blue Iris 5 and Onvif Profile T

spycke

n3wb
Reaction score
I NEED a front door camera and a garage door camera with two way talk. Bought two cameras and sent them back because their two way did not work with BI. Have been going around in circles trying to have a better experience. IP camera OEM's can't tell me if their product is Onvif Profile T compliant.

Then it occurred to me... is the latest Blue Iris 5 Onvif Profile T compatible? Does anybody here know?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Audio doesn't follow a ONVIF standard and two way talk with cameras is mostly like walkie talkie.

Best to go with a doorbell camera designed for two-way. A favorite here is the Reolink doorbell thst works with BI, but that is the only device recommended by reolink.

spycke

n3wb
Reaction score
Audio doesn't follow a ONVIF standard and two way talk with cameras is mostly like walkie talkie.
I appreciate that input. I am able to use one way audio and the quality is maybe a little better than walkie talkie. But that quality would be fine to tell the delivery driver to leave the items at the door and to yell at the kids to get off the lawn. :0)

Best to go with a doorbell camera designed for two-way. A favorite here is the Reolink doorbell thst works with BI, but that is the only device recommended by reolink.
My front door is enclosed and the doorbell is low and on the side wall to the door so this option isn't a satisfying one since I don't like the wireless too much.

But I do need to know how BI works with two way talk so that I can press the OEM IP camera sales staff to give me usefull answers. Do you know if BI5 is Onvif Profile T compatible?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure, but which camera are you looking at - maybe someone here has it?

I have 6 different Dahua OEM cameras with two-way that work in BI.

Any of the two-way talk cameras vendor @EMPIRETECANDY sells works with BI.

spycke

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure, but which camera are you looking at - maybe someone here has it?

I have 6 different Dahua OEM cameras with two-way that work in BI.

Any of the two-way talk cameras vendor @EMPIRETECANDY sells works with BI.
I was looking for a bullet camera for the front door with AI that lights up LED's on being triggered.

And a dual camera (Reolink Duo3 type) floodlight style camera. That work with 2 way talk on BI. I'm a simple guy with simple needs. :0)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 180 works with BI and has two way talk. It doesn't see infrared though and the white LEDs are either on or off and not motion activated.