Latest NEW Ultra low light 4K IPC-T5842T-ZE Firmware 20211213

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

This ultra low light starlight 4K series Firmware has been released. it works for the IPC-B5842E-ZE, the latest new one we will release this week.

Support List

IPC-T5842T-ZE Turret

IPC-B5842E-ZE Bullet

1.CGI testing tool version: V2.91.1.1
2.ONVIF testing tool version: V20.12
3.ONVIF: Supports ProfileG, ProfileT, ProfileS

Andy

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

About a year ago I purchased a IPC-HDBW5842H-ZHE from you. Would this new firmware be appropriate for my camera?

I know mine is a dome vs the turret version listed in this firmware release, but I didn't know if there were other differences such as chips that would make this firmware incompatible with my camera. I've been waiting and hoping to see IR improvements for my camera.

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys

From 2022.Aug, we move the 5842 firmware to the same as 5442 one. So just download here.
The 5842 under the help of @Wildcat_1 the night pics has bit good improvement compare to the old fw. Thanks to him!

IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech | IP Cam Talk
I guess same firmware for 5842 turret and bullet right?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Guys

From 2022.Aug, we move the 5842 firmware to the same as 5442 one. So just download here.
The 5842 under the help of @Wildcat_1 the night pics has bit good improvement compare to the old fw. Thanks to him!

IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech | IP Cam Talk
Yes I've put a lot of changes forward to Dahua for the FW on this one (including adjustments to AGC and Auto Iris algorithms as well as the SmartIR implementation) and am glad to see that in my testing, the changes have led to much improved SmartIR handling. I can get down to about 3ft now and have it adjust quickly to be able to capture faces etc then as the target moves away quickly adjusts back. There are still some additional changes I want to see here that I will be sending Andy to improve overall PQ but this FW works well. For those with darker FOV's just ping me and I can assist in how to adjust to accommodate those as well. The 5442 also benefits from this FW but as I've mentioned to Dahua, they have to be careful about not bundling all changes to both cameras as when you converge a SW branch like this you could impact the other models that do NOT need as much adjustment. Something I've shared with Dahua and @EMPIRETECANDY and will continue to check on and adjust (as needed) as we see this branch go forward.

HTH

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I've put a lot of changes forward to Dahua for the FW on this one (including adjustments to AGC and Auto Iris algorithms as well as the SmartIR implementation) and am glad to see that in my testing, the changes have led to much improved SmartIR handling. I can get down to about 3ft now and have it adjust quickly to be able to capture faces etc then as the target moves away quickly adjusts back. There are still some additional changes I want to see here that I will be sending Andy to improve overall PQ but this FW works well. For those with darker FOV's just ping me and I can assist in how to adjust to accommodate those as well. The 5442 also benefits from this FW but as I've mentioned to Dahua, they have to be careful about not bundling all changes to both cameras as when you converge a SW branch like this you could impact the other models that do NOT need as much adjustment. Something I've shared with Dahua and @EMPIRETECANDY and will continue to check on and adjust (as needed) as we see this branch go forward.

HTH
Below steps are still required for this firmware update:
1 - mark the "Default"
2 - reboot the camera
3- upgrade the firmware
4 - reboot the camera
5 - again mark it to Default
6 - Do manual configuration again?

Also any idea if it is a good practice to have different password for every camera or same password should be fine too?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Below steps are still required for this firmware update:
1 - mark the "Default"
2 - reboot the camera
3- upgrade the firmware
4 - reboot the camera
5 - again mark it to Default
6 - Do manual configuration again?

Also any idea if it is a good practice to have different password for every camera or same password should be fine too?
Yes follow the steps above this cam is a little sticky from an update perspective so I always advocate for the multi step approach. PW is up to you as you can just implement strong and a regular update cadence and that works well for most.

HTH

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes follow the steps above this cam is a little sticky from an update perspective so I always advocate for the multi step approach. PW is up to you as you can just implement strong and a regular update cadence and that works well for most.

HTH
Do you have the link to the firmware, I have 5842 Turret and Bullet?