LaView Camera LV-PB912F4C Hikvision firmware?

languy99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

New poster here. I just got a camera system that comes with 6 of the PB912 cameras and the LV-N9808C8ENVR ( which I think is a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P ) but the camera's I am having trouble with. I would like to upgrade them to the hikvision firmware because they are really crippled with the Laview firmware especially the smart alerts (there are none). But I can't see to figure out which ones they are related to. From what I can find I think they are DS-2CD2T22WD-I5 but I am not sure. If anyone could help would wouild appreciate it. Thanks.

languy99

n3wb
Reaction score
So I tried upgrading the firmware using TFTP and it didn't work. It gets so far and stops and the camera continues to boot just fine but with old firmware. Any idea?upload of firmware.png

languy99

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I even tried using the Telnet process to get into the camera and I can't telnet into it. It almost looks like they removed that service from the firmware completely. They are locking down the firmware from what I can see. Possible next step would be to do custom firmware for it but I would have to get an original copy of the firmware to make it work. Guess I will look into that next. Still no help from anyone here which is disappointing.

nanoo.a

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't know if you are still looking for this info, but I found out through trial and error (and some guess work) that the LV-PB912F4C (at least for mine, mfg date 2017-12-13) devices are Hikvision R2 devices and the firmware will work on them. I also had LV-PB3140WC cameras, which I discovered are R6 devices. You can find R2, R6 and other devices firmware at DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Hope that helps.

cmdr1337

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't know if you are still looking for this info, but I found out through trial and error (and some guess work) that the LV-PB912F4C (at least for mine, mfg date 2017-12-13) devices are Hikvision R2 devices and the firmware will work on them. I also had LV-PB3140WC cameras, which I discovered are R6 devices. You can find R2, R6 and other devices firmware at DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Hope that helps.
Thank you . this is exactly what i was looking for. im about to try the process with TFTP now. wish me luck!

dragon-fly

n3wb
Reaction score
Reviving a dead thread because of the new CVS and for anyone who wants to try to update this can be good, as LaView support is nonexistent.

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I needed and accurate information. It worked for me, for both models, using the TFTP Method.

A Few notes for those who are scared like I was:
Cameras remain "Plug and Play" compatible with the original Laview NVR Firmware.
My 2 x LV-PB3140WC Flashed properly. You must power cycle them after the update completes. No weird messages, but got fully de-activated / reset to default. Had to use SADP to re-activate them. Laview/hikvision logos will be messed up until you clear browser cache. FULL Conversion to Hikvision.
Current firmware V5.5.82 build 190909
My 2 x LV-PB912F4C both displayed "Resend required" twice and "never gave the system update completed!" message. Have to end TFTP Server after "Completed file transmit" otherwise it just loops forever. Camera reboots properly after the upgrade, I highly recommend resetting to factory. Laview/hikvision logos will be messed up until you clear browser cache. FULL Conversion to Hikvision.
Current Firmware V5.4.83 build 181011
Resend required.PNG
These firmwares probably don't cover the latest RCE, but significantly newer than the old deprecated un upgradeable laview firmware, with 0 downsides.

Hope this helps!

Next up is to flash the NVR firmware.