Lazy Neighbor Pushes My Trash Can With His Truck / Caught On Video

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's good to hear, some neighbors are just not considerate to others these days you'll find many being complete sociopaths, aloof to their surroundings, lol

I left a nice note on his car that I saw what he did and have the whole thing on camera. He came to my house and apologized. :)

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not to pile on.... But it looks to me like you had two choices when you put your garbage out

1 - Place it in the street directly in front of your driveway, but YOU would be inconvenienced if you needed to get by the cans with your car
2 - Place them in the street directly behind the black truck, knowing that there is no room for the truck to move forward or backward. The truck's driver would have to move the cans back, blocking your driveway. Not only would HE would be inconvenienced - YOU would be too since the cans are now blocking your driveway...

In either situation, you lose, why not just pick #1 to begin with and be a good neighbor?

Nickg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not a big deal but .... neighbor had plenty of room to get out of the spot after initial contact with garbage bin. Not only did he make contact , he kept pushing the bin Unnecessarily.
He was just being an A-hole.. but to be fair, he thought YOU were being an A-hole as well. :)

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
One of life's many little inconveniences that, when thought of in the big picture, makes one glad he doesn't have real problems! :)

I'm convinced that humans evolved to face constant mortal danger and solve life-threatening problems pretty much every day during most of our 1.8 to 2.0 million years of evolution. And now that we've got it incredibly good, our brains are still hardwired with a need to deal with problems constantly. So, faced with almost no truly serious problems, we tend to make up problems to fill the void. And we tend to deal with petty problems with the same vigor that we're evolved to apply to life-and-death situations. Civilization and society are very new concepts, and humans aren't well adapted to it at all.

My town uses a combination of similar one-family trash bins that the users must wheel to the street every week, and, like my particular house, larger communal bins that serve two or three houses and are in the alleys.

On the one hand, I don't have to mess about with wheeling a bin out to the curb and back once per week on a specified day. On the other hand, I have to haul all of my trash out across my back yard, across the alley, and toss it in the big bin. I'm not sure which is more effort.

The main issue around here is that we get high winds all winter, so the bins get blown over and down the street, and mine gets blown over in the alley, and is heavy enough that it's a real pain to right it again and drag it back to where it belongs. If I could design a better system, though, I suppose I'd be rich! :)

Ideally, you'd be tight with all of your immediate neighbors and everyone would go out of their ways to help each other out. Sometimes that happens, sometimes you have turds for neighbors, though. I'm lucky to have mostly excellent neighbors around me. There's the one place that we all eye with suspicion, but just that one in the area.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...........On the other hand, I have to haul all of my trash out across my back yard, across the alley, and toss it in the big bin.
I ABSOLUTELY hate metal trash bins with metal lids, AKA "dumpsters" in apartment settings because 9 out of 10 people that decide 2:00 AM is the best time to dispose of their household garbage bags can NOT do so without raising the lid to it's maximum height then letting it go to see how loud of a "BANG' it will make. :angry:

If they have 2 bags they'll carry 1 in each hand, set one down, raise lid, throw in bag, DROP lid, bend over and pick up bag #2, raise lid, toss in #2, DROP lid again.... Help me, please Jesus. :facepalm:

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I ABSOLUTELY hate metal trash bins with metal lids, AKA "dumpsters" in apartment settings because 9 out of 10 people that decide 2:00 AM is the best time to dispose of their household garbage bags can NOT do so without raising the lid to it's maximum height then letting it go to see how loud of a "BANG' it will make. :angry:

If they have 2 bags they'll carry 1 in each hand, set one down, raise lid, throw in bag, DROP lid, bend over and pick up bag #2, raise lid, toss in #2, DROP lid again.... Help me, please Jesus. :facepalm:
Luckily ours at home are some sort of heavy plastic. But I know what you mean! I work late nights, often well into the wee hours. I come home at 2 to 4 am, want to haul out my trash, but stage it in my garage until a more reasonable hour so I don't bug the neighbors.

However, at work we have the dreaded steel dumpster. And the cover is bent, old, and rusty so that it makes a super-loud creaking noise that any Foley artist would be proud to use for their sound effects collection in case they were producing a horror movie set in a creepy prison or the like.

No matter how carefully you open it, it's obnoxious as all get out. I mean "Hearing Protection Required" loud! I wouldn't want to have that beast anywhere near my home! Then again, if someone decided to push it out of the way with their pickup truck, it would likely leave a mark!

And that baby doesn't blow anywhere even with 80mph winds! ;)