Lightning strike and POE switch

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just had an EXTREMELY close lightning strike. I checked and three cameras on one switch were down. I cycled the switch twice and cams are up and running. We never lost power. Not even a flicker. Should I replace the switch? Is there likely damage to my cameras?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ll be happy if that’s my only damage. I’ve seen burnt rj45 connectors on here and all of mine look ok. Would damage to cameras or their connection be noticeable? Are your cameras still running after switch replacement?

Reaction score
I’ll be happy if that’s my only damage. I’ve seen burnt rj45 connectors on here and all of mine look ok. Would damage to cameras or their connection be noticeable? Are your cameras still running after switch replacement?
cameras are good but I lost the lan connections on the pc, a small 8 port POE switch and my main 24 port switch

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow. I’d say you had your stuff together if all cameras survived unscathed. Thanks for your response. The strike today was within 300 yards. Again, no flicker but it definitely made me check my blue iris program to see if my cameras took a hit. I saw three down and assumed the worse.