Limit BI Recorded File Size

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
I monitor my BI from a remote location. I don't have the greatest internet service, so I would like to limit my recorded videos to maybe 30GB so I can then file transfer to my remote location PC and view it there using the BI software installed on this second PC. How do I do this.

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
For Me, to file transfer a 200+MB file is out of the question.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can limit the video file size by going into the camera's properties record tab and adjust the "combine or cut video each:"
To delete files after all recorded videos hit a limit, you need to change the clips and archiving settings in the BI options.

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Tank for your response. I changed the cut time to 10 minutes and the size to .1 Does this seem like a reasonable adjustment? I am averaging 120MB per hour of record time.

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
I wasn't exactly sure how the time / size correlate to each other. Maybe I don't need to adjust both.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can adjust the limit you care about the most (size in your case). It will cut the clip if the time or the size limit is met.

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmmm. After I made my adjustment earlier, all recording stopped when the limit was met.

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, set my time to 5 minutes and bumped the size back up to 4GB and its working perfectly now. it cuts each video at exactly 5 minutes at a recorded size of about 39MB per file. Perfect for file transferring. Thanks for the input here.