Line crossing not saving video to MicroSD

pila

n3wb
Reaction score
I have few years old cameras, and I need one of them to record on internal MicroSD card upon Line Crossing alarm. I would prefer to have motion turned off as it has too many false alerts. Actually, Intrusion detection would fit even better, but they both have the same configuraiton options, so they should be configurable in the same manner.

Currently I am experimenting with the cube Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW, fv v5.2.5, while the actual camera where I need this is the dome Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS, fw is probably something like this cube (old fw but iVMS-4200 says dome can be upgraded), I am currently reorganizing network and cabling so I do not have a spare LAN port on switch where it is convenient for me to test cameras, but if I must, I could also connect the dome DS-2CD2132F-IS.

So, when I draw a line at cube DS-2CD2432F-IW, it detects line crossing and sends an e-mail with or without picture perfectly fine. But, I am unable to find a combination of schedule or whatever else is needed to make it record to a MicroSD card. It records motion alarm fine.

I must configure everthing on the camera itself. I use the current iVMS-4200 Lite. Tried a full current iVMS-4200 version but nothing changes. Web browser configuration also does not improve anything. Searching the Web did not help.

I am not interested in upgrading them for "security features" as this is pointless: fixes something old, breaks something new. My cameras have no access to the Internet as they are completely firewalled off. They are accessible only from the LAN and VPN.

Last edited: