Loading Dahua firmware on IP5M-T1273EW-AI (5MP AI Camera)?

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I see that this camera has been discussed but I just wanted to make sure all of the information was up to date. I've only recently started playing around with all of my cameras 'smart features' ... usually I'd just set them up and leave them alone. So now, I am interested in AI =) I ordered the Amcrest 5MP AI camera to play around with however it only comes with SMD (no face detection, recognition, etc)

I am guessing the AI also involves a hardware chip? I see that Amcrest sells a 4k NON AI for around $100 w/ no features and then a $130 AI version and then ANOTHER $180 AI version? Is it possible to take a NON AI camera and get it to detect faces with the right firmware?

As I mentioned I have a 5MP AI Amcrest AI camera however it only has SMD (no face detection, loitering, etc..... with the right firmware could I somehow enable Face detection on this camera since it already is AI compatible? If so has anyone done this on this specific model IP5M-T1273EW-AI?

Also, if I were to purchase an AI enabled NVR... would I be able to utilize my OLDER 4mp NON-AI cameras for face detection, recognition, smd, ETC?

Just trying to get a better understanding of how this all works. Thanks!