Log to help debug RTSP h264 Spydroid

iporty

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to configure or modify Spydroid (android app) so that it works with blue iris. It's open sources, so I have the code to spydroid to work with. I have also been watching the negotiation with wireshark. However, I still can't figure out why blue iris closes the connection after spydroid starts streaming. The negotiation seems to go fine, spydroid starts streaming over UDP and after about 5 seconds, blue iris closes the connection. I was wondering if there is any way to get logging from blue iris to figure out why it's closing the connection.

iporty

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been able to get Spydroid to stream to VLC and ffmpeg, but I am still having trouble with Blue Iris. Unfortunately Blue Iris is not providing any information about what is going wrong. Up until the point that Blue Iris closes the streaming connection, the connect looks very similar to VLC in the Wireshark log. One think I notice is that Blue Iris ignores setting the UDP port to 5006-5006 and insists on using 5004-5005.

iporty

n3wb
Reaction score
Interleaved RTSP/RTP? That's not currently supported, but looking at the code it wouldn't be too difficult to add. However I'm assuming the problem is not in delivery of the packets, because it works fine with VLC/FFMPEG. I'm guessing that there is something with the encoding of the stream that's incompatible between spydroid and blue iris. If I don't get any error message from Blue Iris, all I will see is that the TCP connection is closed.

UDP is a connectionless protocol ... can you make it work with TCP instead?