Login page constantly being hit (seems session isn't being saved?)

hammertym

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've had an issue for a while and I've got around it using the mobile app, but I really want to be able to access blueiris remotely from a PC.

Basically it looks like when I try and access ui3beta or even the default page that it continually loops trying to hit the login.htm

I'm not sure what's going, or what info I need to provide but it's pretty broken at the moment and some help would be greatly appreciated.
upload_2018-1-10_11-12-35.png

upload_2018-1-10_11-13-3.png

Any thoughts on how I could resolve this?

hammertym

n3wb
Reaction score
I should mention that I trawled the forum a fair bit looking for a resolution to this, and none of the things are relevant.

There is no reverse proxy in play and that seemed to be a major contributor to the issue

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect there's something going on you didn't tell us about... (like, what are those boxes inside the login fields?? you might have a misbehaving browser extension)

Have you tried loading ui3beta/ui3.htm though? That is jpegpull.htm in your screenshots. Those old pages use an iframe for the clip list and they don't handle lost sessions gracefully at all, as you've discovered.

If all else fails you could try disabling the "secure only" checkbox in Blue Iris's web server settings. Then the browser will prompt you for login info instead of sending you to a login page.

If you end up with a blank white screen at some point, that is Blue Iris's response to page requests when your IP address gets locked out for too many invalid logins. You can clear it by restarting Blue Iris.

hammertym

n3wb
Reaction score
Those boxes are from a lastpass chrome extension. I've since disabled it for that domain so it isn't active an manipulating the page content. That said I've tried in IE and I get the same results and I don't have Lastpass extensions or adblock in IE.

Using the second method you've described

I seem to get this:

upload_2018-1-10_14-55-43.png

which pops up every 2 - 3 seconds

Trying on IE I get this:

upload_2018-1-10_14-56-58.png

Then
upload_2018-1-10_14-57-7.png

Then
upload_2018-1-10_14-57-15.png

As I'm accessing through the work network, I thought that may have something to do with it, so I have setup a laptop next to me using 4g and that actually seems to connect. So could it be that something is being blocked by the work firewall?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it sounds like the session cookie isn't getting sent to Blue Iris consistently. I can't think of much reason for a firewall to strip cookies out of http requests but that could very well be what is going on. If you set up an https proxy like stunnel, nginx, or IIS, that should prevent it from happening. Assuming my guess is correct ... which it might not be.

hammertym

n3wb
Reaction score
Using stunnels appears to have fixed it.

So I followed this

stunnel

Used the sample file there, which had this configuration

[BlueIris]
;due to a bug accept must be as follows
; normally would be as follows
;accept = 1440
accept = 0.0.0.0:58081
connect = 127.0.0.1:58080
cert = stunnel.pem

Setup port forwarding on my router, and hey presto it worked.

Thanks for your help

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you were using UPnP to forward the port prior to this, you should disable UPnP in your router. Many cameras use UPnP to expose themselves, and then they get hacked.