Longse LBH30FK500W / Herospeed FH8856: GISE GS-IP5S-v2 or Zintronic B5... CHINA trojan horse CCTV

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a IP camera GISE GS-IP5S-v2, 5MPX, wifi/lan, sd card with original firmware:
FH8856_K05_W1T1A1M0C0P1_W_20.1.35.4

Screenshot_2020-12-05_15-01-35.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05_13-06-31.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05_13-05-55.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05_13-03-48.pngScreenshot_2020-12-06_10-50-38.pngScreenshot_2020-12-06_10-52-44.png

I noticed that at motion detection recorded clip are bad because camera record LQ stream 720x480 15fps or lower instead of HQ stream.
Camera have no settings available to select what stream to record at motion detection, or record duration.
I am looking if it is possible to change the firmware or a solution to record HQ stream on motion detection and if possible also to record on FTP because now it will only upload snapshot to FTP server and will record only on SD card.
Any ideas ?

thank you

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Warning for other to avoid this Longse LBH30FK500W / Herospeed FH8856 trojan sold in Poland as GISE GS-IP5S or Zintronic B5 ... maybe under other names also:
I made some test to lock this camera in a LAN segment with wrong DNS server and wrong gateway address and after some time for my surprise it switched to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and it found the right gateway and try to report back to home servers in China.

Last edited:

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have cameras made by Longse/Herospeed as well. Herospeed is what provide the firmware, 3516D_IMX335_B1T0A1M0C1P1_W_9.1.52.2. It is a HiSilicon 5MP turret cam. The interface is the same as yours. There is no option to select the stream when you send it via SMTP, FTP, Cloud and etc. It will only send the first stream. If you use 2 or 3 streams option, then the order of quality of the stream is from low to high.
Since I am sending the video to a local FTP (I don't have SD card slot), I want it to record high resolution. I just use 1 stream the highest stream. The only drawback is that when previewing on slow machine that does not have H265 hardware decoding, it is slow and will skip frames. At least I can take a quick look at a couple of frames while I have the full resolution saved on the hard drive.
Until they provide an option to select stream number, we are stuck to what is offered.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I don't see option to enable / disable streams. I don't use any more SD card.
I don't understand your explication how to record only HQ stream on FTP...

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to do two things.
1. Under Configuration/Video, set to StreamType to Main Stream only
2. Under Configuration/Network/Advance Setup/FTP, set up your FTP information and select AVI

This will allow you to sending the high res video to your FTP server.
This is how I am currently setup to have high quality video stored on my local server. Like I mentioned before, the downside is that if you have a poor cpu or slow network speed device that you use to preview the video, you will have laggy video feed.

The video will be sent to the FTP server when motion is detected and records several seconds per clip. Just set up the Events/Motion Detection/Linkage Method to Upload via FTP
1.png2.png3.png

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this crapmera don't have option to upload avi only jpg
Screenshot_2021-02-11_14-22-29.png

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not sure what model your camera. Did you flash to a later version of the firmwate? Herospeed

Try to find your model and see if there is a newer firmware. Make sure it matches the same name as what is in you System Configuration information. You should see the name of the current firmware in your camera information.

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is odd. That feature was there from the beginning for my camera. Could they have taken that function out for certain cameras?

Unless there is some hidden menu, I am not sure why yours do not have that options. Sorry I can't help more.

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh well, I can't complain about my camera. It does what i need with some workaround but for the price point I can't complain. For the price of one of the recommended Dahua, I was able to get 4 of these cameras. so I was able to cover my entire outside area with 8 cameras for a low budget. It works as needed. No need for expensive NVR. I just use and old just lying around Intel Duo2 running Linux FTP server and an old 500GB HDD, I can store 3 to 4 months of feed. These cameras have been in service for almost 2 years now without hiccups.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For this camera to use properly I need:
1) MotionEye that detect motion and record the HQ video stream from camera.
2) FTP that store the jpg uploaded by camera at motion detected. ( optional but useful for quick browse at event detected )
3) Home Assistant that use ONVIF from camera and display LQ stream and alert at motion. ( optional but useful for automation )
In the end with all this and considering you have to block all external traffic from camera, and it is random lose wifi connection even it have a dedicated AP only for this device, it is to much trouble and to expensive.

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand your need. Not everyone has the same need. You make do with what you have. If it can't manage, get rid of it and buy what is needed.

On the note about connection, I would not bother with wifi for security surveillance. You should always best practice and have hard wiring especially not to use battery has power source. This will allow constant power without the hassle of replacing every so often and to have constant feed of data without loss of signal.

Anyway, good luck with your project. I wish I bought more of this camera when the guy that old me was still around. Now I can't pick up these cheap $25 camera that is amazing quality and reliable. If I can get 4 years service from these, I am more than giddy. I can then upgrade them when they die to something with higher quality down the line. I dumped my 5 years old analog CCTV system which did the job at the time with these IP cameras. I will probably want to upgrade these 4-5 years down the line.