Look for advice on correct setup.

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just upgraded to BI5 an found out about DeepStack, So I followed a setup video and it works, too well. I received around 350 alerts today, So i'm looking for advice on not getting an alert every time a car goes speeding by.

Here is what my camera sees
Front.20220523_162951995.1.jpg

The camera is a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR and is setup to recognize motion in the yard and follow it.

So I'm wondering what's the best way to have BI/Deepstack not alert on the cars speeding by but just on ones that have stopped on the side of the road to vist the egg stand and still alert normally on everything in the yard?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A PTZ that autotracks is probably not the right camera for alerts for "just on ones that have stopped on the side of the road to visit the egg stand and still alert normally on everything in the yard?

A fixed cam would be better suited for that where you could draw a box around that egg stand and use a longer make time to alert you.

You might still be able to do it with this cam, but there could be instances where it is problematic.

So say Zone A is the whole image, Zone B is the area within the yard and driveway, and Zone C would be around the Eggstand. Either make the maketime long enough that a car speeding by won't trigger it, or clone the camera just for this feature.

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A PTZ that autotracks is probably not the right camera for alerts for "just on ones that have stopped on the side of the road to visit the egg stand and still alert normally on everything in the yard?

A fixed cam would be better suited for that where you could draw a box around that egg stand and use a longer make time to alert you.

You might still be able to do it with this cam, but there could be instances where it is problematic.

So say Zone A is the whole image, Zone B is the area within the yard and driveway, and Zone C would be around the Eggstand. Either make the maketime long enough that a car speeding by won't trigger it, or clone the camera just for this feature.
Ok, well it's more just not getting the alerts for the cars speeding by, so if I have a make time set to longer than it takes for the cars to make it across the field of view then I shouldn't get alerts on those cars correct? The auto tracking on the camera is only set to monitor up to the road, so the auto tracking doesn't do anything for the cars driving by or anyone at the stand.