Looking for a 2MP (or higher) PTZ POE with good night vision

HomeAuto87

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a camera similar to the Amcrest ProHD 1080P POE, which appears to be discontinued / out of stock everywhere.

This will be acting as a baby cam in a 10x10 room, so great low light is a must. On the ProHD that I have now, we set the IR to be off and it works well enough because otherwise the red IR lights are too bright in a dark room.

I'd like to keep it under $200.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

HomeAuto87

n3wb
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Best bang for the buck! If ordered through Andy at EmpireTech it comes complete with auto tracking firmware. This is a 2MP camera, true, but is still an excellent performer both day and night.

25X PTZ

Andy
IPCT Thread

Andy's Store

King Security/EmpireTech Store

Email
Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

HomeAuto87

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. I think that might be a little overkill given we're perfectly happy with the Amcrest ProHD 1080P POE we have in the first kid's room.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You asked for a good PTZ with good night performance. To me that indicates outdoor use. I'm not a fan of Amcrest and don't know their model numbers. I believe the one you linked, now that I looked at it, has been replaced with a 4MP. A little more expensive, but for an indoor camera it's not all that bad at all although it doesn't appear to be PoE but needs a wall wart.

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is more than enough for your application.

For baby camera I use a very basic fixed 2mp with 2,8mm lens. Mounted in a corner you (at least I) get a good enough overview.

I activate Motion Detection to get notified about movements.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a camera similar to the Amcrest ProHD 1080P POE, which appears to be discontinued / out of stock everywhere.

This will be acting as a baby cam in a 10x10 room, so great low light is a must. On the ProHD that I have now, we set the IR to be off and it works well enough because otherwise the red IR lights are too bright in a dark room.

I'd like to keep it under $200.

Thanks in advance!