Looking for a good PTZ for close up use.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a need for a PTZ in a close up scenario - closet. Can't seem to find anything decent and looking for recommendations. I ordered a Reolink 5MB Super HD PTZ and it sucks horribly.

thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks. I was actually just looking at that one lol. I did not have high expectations on the Reo but man. my 10yr old foscam works better. i will give this one a shot.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the "Smart Home" type cams from Amcrest such as the ASH21-W and others do not have an embedded webGUI and must be first initialized and configured using their app, creating an account with username/password, etc.

I see in some of your older posts that you used Blue Iris. You must use their app and create an account with username and password to set up so it can be used with Blue Iris.

Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. I've got 4, have installed a dozen, several forum members use/like it as well. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

View with any browser or VLC.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of the "Smart Home" type cams from Amcrest such as the ASH21-W and others do not have an embedded webGUI and must be first initialized and configured using their app, creating an account with username/password, etc.

I see in some of your older posts that you used Blue Iris. You must use their app and create an account with username and password to set up so it can be used with Blue Iris.

Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. I've got 4, have installed a dozen, several forum members use/like it as well. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

View with any browser or VLC.
Thanks,
you are correct - i use BI. fairly familiar with most of them dealing with an app. one thing - i hated it, others might like it but this dam REO once it booted started telling me what to do in like 6 different languages! it was loud and it was 6am lol. finally had to stick the thing in a box to quiet it down. i was pissed haha. anyways, i appreciate the recommendation. i went ahead and ordered the one wittaj suggested but i will give that a go if it does not work out. that amcrest looks like my old foscam. i am sure half of them are the same just rebranded.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As TonyR mentioned "Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841, "
I use one to monitor a 3D printer and works great and focus' great over 5 inches.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well mistake #2. got that camera and of course at first BI did not connect. found there are specific settings to add on camera config so i used that and it killed my BI server. now i cannot get BI to load. anyone know if there is a safe mode for BI? crazy.
lessons learned...

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i did not write the error code down. first try it failed, when i read the comments on amazon there were numerous comments about even when it worked PTZ was not available. their instructions i followed had me set specific camera and tweak the stream http code. once i did this it seemed it was going to work but then it just locked BI up. restart did not work. finally unplugged it and BI came up but not it errors out trying to delete. 2nd reboot i was able to disable the camera. think i will leave it at that. not worth killing my bi server for this thing.
thanks

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
i did not write the error code down. first try it failed, when i read the comments on amazon there were numerous comments about even when it worked PTZ was not available. their instructions i followed had me set specific camera and tweak the stream http code. once i did this it seemed it was going to work but then it just locked BI up. restart did not work. finally unplugged it and BI came up but not it errors out trying to delete. 2nd reboot i was able to disable the camera. think i will leave it at that. not worth killing my bi server for this thing.
thanks
Maybe try disabling audio for the cam in BI. A Wyze cam running their RTSP beta that I have was doing a similar thing when added to BI and I've seen a few others mentioned that would do the same because of the audio.