Looking for a great PTZ camera for closeup facial pictures...

Reaction score
I am looking for a PTZ camera that will allow me to zoom in and get clear facial pictures from close up to +50 meters away. The area is a flat ramp area and is usually lit when people are arriving. It will be connected to an NVR. The camera is more for getting pictures of people and not for security. Below are some cameras I have looked at. Any suggestions? Should I be worried about Chinese cameras and their firmware?

Thanks in advance

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dahua for sure. The 4MP Armcrest has a 1/3" sensor and will not be as good in low light conditions. The 2MP Dahua has a 1/2.8" sensor and is a much better pairing. It will be much better in low light situations. As far as I am concerned anything with a 1/3" sensor is yesterday's technology. I would not go with anything less than a 1/2.8" sensor in todays world.

Reaction score
The Dahua for sure. The 4MP Armcrest has a 1/3" sensor and will not be as good in low light conditions. The 2MP Dahua has a 1/2.8" sensor and is a much better pairing. It will be much better in low light situations. As far as I am concerned anything with a 1/3" sensor is yesterday's technology. I would not go with anything less than a 1/2.8" sensor in todays world.
Thanks. Any reservations about Chinese firmware and their ability to access my network?

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That Dahua(?) camera you referenced is not an IP camera. A similar IP camera is Robot Check

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I have the PTZ sd49225t-hn, that i purchased refurbished from Andy of Empire Tech here on the site. It was a lot cheaper than new and it is a great PTZ camera. I am currently using it as a License plate reader and i am very pleased.