Looking for an IP Cam to livestream weather

Accretion

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I chose to post in this community because after all my research I have found that the people here tend to be quite resourceful and there don't seem to be many other places where people are knowledgable about IP cams. I've tried reddit communities for weather stations already but not too many people are interested in IP cams there.

I'm aware that most folks here look for cameras that are secure and can keep the loop closed for all of their footage. I on the other hand am simply looking for an IP Camera that I can point into my yard and livestream the footage I get to my own personal website or some other service. The more easily I can manipulate the footage (host it on a site of my choosing, overlay it with text or weather data), the better.
That being said the following is decently important to me:
  • Video Quality (Resolution AND FPS)
  • Night vision (color would be great)
  • PoE (So there is no sacrifice in latency or video lag)
  • Weather-resistant (I live in NY where we get lots of ice and snow, temps CAN drop into the 10's/20's)
I would like to eventually get into home security so maybe if its something that can be expanded upon into that realm? I have heard of BlueIris 5 and how its good if your camera can work with it
Brands that have crossed my eye are Amcrest, Reolink, and Dahua.
Any suggestions based off of all of that would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope to chat with you in the comments soon :)