Looking for recommendations - Publically accessible webcam

Floob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone advise if there is a ip webcam suitable to provide public access to?
For example, could I get a wireless camera (connected to my LAN) that someone could access via a web browser?

Its mainly so my parents can logon and check out the view where I live! I could site it inside, it'd just point out the window.
I do have a PC available that it could connect to if that would offer any more options.

Thanks for any pointers.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you have any ip cameras on your network now? If so, what software/nvr do you use to view them.

It's a bad idea to expose an ip camera to the internet. It would be a better idea to have the camera blocked from the web and have your parents remote into your network to view, using a vpn or sharing service such as teamviewer, etc.

Welcome to ipct.:welcome:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We got a Dlink PT-nonZ from Bestbuy and pointed it out at the Lake view at my brothers vacation house, so family members/my parents, could see the Vista. Ordinarily a 4-5 hour drive. So back in 2015 we used the MyDlink App and everybody had to set it up as me with my credentials( Gmail and a p-word). Its still running 6 years on. So my cousins could see it from Florida, and my Brother could see it in Nevada, all on thier phones.image1.JPG

Floob

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have any ip cameras on your network now? If so, what software/nvr do you use to view them.

It's a bad idea to expose an ip camera to the internet. It would be a better idea to have the camera blocked from the web and have your parents remote into your network to view, using a vpn or sharing service such as teamviewer, etc.

Welcome to ipct.:welcome:
To be honest, I'll be lucky if I can get them to type an address in a web browser, so was hoping to make it as easy as possible.

I dont have any IP cameras at the moment, just a Blink from Amazon but I think you have to have their app and be logged into your account for those.

Floob

n3wb
Reaction score
We got a Dlink PT-nonZ from Bestbuy and pointed it out at the Lake view at my brothers vacation house, so family members/my parents, could see the Vista. Ordinarily a 4-5 hour drive. So back in 2015 we used the MyDlink App and everybody had to set it up as me with my credentials( Gmail and a p-word). Its still running 6 years on. So my cousins could see it from Florida, and my Brother could see it in Nevada, all on thier phones.View attachment 93231
Maybe I could get a camera that works with an app but its not bothered who logs in or where from as long as the credentials are good?
Ah - actually, that'd mean using a smartphone I guess, and I could do with it being accessible from a PC so they get a decent screen size.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sign up for a free YouTube Live account and stream your IP camera to it. You can set it up as public or private. It will work with any browser on any PC, Mac, cell phone or tablet. And your local network won't be exposed to the bad guys on the internet. Since you have a PC to use, you can just install OBS on the PC and have it serve the RTMP stream to YouTube.