Looking for Wireless Camera set up on LAN to go to Phone... NO INTERNET

CanadaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just joined.

I am looking in setting up a camera or three in this one building. It has no internet or data. I can put a wireless router in there, make a LAN an connect the wifi camera's to it. But, I also want my phone (when connected to the LAN wifi and not data) to view live video of it.

Help?

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a set up at my cabin for several years with no internet. I started with just cameras and a DVR, but added a Blue Iris to have redundancy and added about 6 months of storage. This worked well for me several years, I just go by about every 2-4 weeks to check and reboot. With the access point I could log on from my phone, or mostly just watch on the Blue Iris monitor.
Last year I was able to get internet, and now have the cameras remoted from there to my Blue Iris at home, so I can watch real time.

CanadaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a set up at my cabin for several years with no internet. I started with just cameras and a DVR, but added a Blue Iris to have redundancy and added about 6 months of storage. This worked well for me several years, I just go by about every 2-4 weeks to check and reboot. With the access point I could log on from my phone, or mostly just watch on the Blue Iris monitor.
Last year I was able to get internet, and now have the cameras remoted from there to my Blue Iris at home, so I can watch real time.
What set up did you use? I want to be able to watch it on my phone when I am in and around the area. (connected to the LAN)

Can you provide me what camera and app would work? Not necessarily looking at DVR... just live cam.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Any IP cam that allows you to watch it from VLC, browser, or other viewer. Some cameras have an app built to view them.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I recommend using a PC and going through the WiKi
to get some good information on cameras. There is many many discussions about cameras on here. Search with google works well.

I have perched from both empire tech and Nellys with great luck.