Looking to add an alarm to Dahua NVR but have no experience with this.

Sunny7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Back again after some minor real life stuff. I ended up getting a cheap soldering kit for 20$ while I was out and strip and made the wires extra long to fit into the push button connectors on the back of my NVR. The wires came out perfect and went into the NVR perfect, so I'm actually able to get the wires to stay in this time.
1019201759.jpg

I have it set like post#8 and suggested by djernie in post#9 where red wire(left) is the positive coming from the alarm, orange wire(right) is the ground coming from the 12v AC adapter. And so far, I can't seem to get the alarm to go off. Not sure if its the settings or the wiring. I also tested the alarm with just both wires going into the 12v adapter and it works flawlessly so its definitely not the wires it self.

Looking at the Dahua NVR settings and it kind of sounds like I should just use the numbered ports on the back instead of the NO port for my alarm but not sure if its safe, as I know nothing about wiring.
6757568.jpg

Attachments

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The relay contacts are not referenced to ground, which is used with the alarm inputs. When the alarm is triggered, the relay connects NO to C. I like to call the "C" terminal relay common because it represents the common/center relay contact. Dahua calls it the "Alarm output public end" which makes no sense to me. Short version, move the orange wire to C and try it again.

Sunny7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks that works. I tried it for one of my AI setting rules like tripwire and intrusion and it works perfectly.

Reaction score
Hi, How would it work if you want to turn on a light instead of the alarm? Where would you connect the light wires to the NVR? Maybe the light wires go to the C and Ground ports? Does your NVR even have any more additional ports, as it seems it only has one alarm out and its already used by that alarm.