Looking to Learn and Keep Learning

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I work full time for a municipal police department and have experienced a lot of different camera setups from the recovering video of crimes. In these experiences, I have seen some really poor quality videos and camera placements that have made me scratch my head. This piqued my interest in security cameras and resulted in me purchasing a set for my personal residence. Shortly after, I became a reviewer for big box electronics store in which I receive products to review, and get to keep them after I complete my review. A few of the items I was sent to review were security camera systems. Getting hands on experience installing different systems, I found myself geeking out over security cameras and the technology involved. In turn, this resulted in coworkers asking me about cameras and assisting them along with installing cameras on their residences. I have also put cameras up for friends that own businesses. Over the last couple years I have installed approximately 40 systems and I still geek out about them.

A majority of the systems I have installed are PoE, mainly Lorex. I have used Nelly's and integrated some of there H-Series cameras into Lorex systems and just recently picked up a Luma NVR and Camera to play with as I have ran into a couple people running home automation systems (Control4). Without having a driver made, it appears Luma is the only system that integrates with their existing system, but I could be wrong. Every location presents unique circumstances and I get excited with the problem solving aspect, finding new and more efficient solutions to barriers presented. And that is pretty much what brings me here. I do a lot of research trying to learn solutions to problems I have yet to encounter so that I am prepared when they arise, and most of my searches bring me here.

Its nice to see a forum still in existence as it seems most things have switched over to Social Media, and I look forward to everything that I can learn here!

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome.
Be sure to check out the Wiki and this attachment.
Thank you for the references! I have been around forums for a while, so I am familiar with "use the search function before asking", and I use that frequently. But I will definitely take any information that anyone is ready to give